Boosted L83/L86's - Who's Got One?

FoD

Who here has added a Supercharger, or Turbo(s) to their '14-'15 1500's? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a ProCharger setup with some Kooks Headers and Corsa. What did you guys get, and why?

one of the members worked with a company and his truck was the first to have a roots style installed on it. I think he is still working with them on refining the tune.

There are a few guys over on PerformanceTrucks.net

Some have been going all motor and experimenting with cams while most guys stuck with a supercharger. I think someone recently posted a turbo setup.

I'm waiting a couple years to see if any weak links fail before I void the warranty haha.

I'm waiting on word if the 6.2L Heads will bolt on without issue on the 5.3L. If they do, I'll be swapping to those and the 6.2L intake, ProCharge it, with smaller pulley, add Headers and Corsa...should yield 460+ at the wheels @ 7-8 PSI.

I'm waiting on word if the 6.2L Heads will bolt on without issue on the 5.3L. If they do, I'll be swapping to those and the 6.2L intake, ProCharge it, with smaller pulley, add Headers and Corsa...should yield 460+ at the wheels @ 7-8 PSI.

What is the advantage with the 6.2 heads? Just curious since it's a direct injection engine. Ports, combustion chambers???

I plan on going with the magnuson TVS 1900 on my new truck to match the magnuson mp112 on my current truck. I want to give the aftermarket more time to figure out the new way the ECU/TCM controls the engine/trans before I jump in. HP Tuners has unlocked more tuning variables as of now than EFI Live, but neither have unlocked the full ecu/tcm so there are issues with vehicles tuned by both still. Tuning the LQ4 and 4l65 on my '03 was very common knowledge so I want to wait till there is more experience on the new platform before I jump. Once the aftermarket catches up you can bet I will be installing a blower, to hell with warranty, I want more power!

Ive had both, currently have a whipple on my 92. Had a vortec on my 99 Ford. Both force air but it was easier to work around the engine with the vortec with it located in front. I cant even see my distributor on my 92, no worries with that on new engines. If I don't have any problems with the truck in a few years Ill reward my self with one. By then there will be enough info out to decide which one.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have procharged 14 Silverado with headers y-pipe catch can exhaust ect... Pushing 11 psi

Which porcharger unit did you install...have you had it on a dyno....is it the 5.3 or 6.2?

We installed a Procharger D1SC on my '15 6.2 Silverado. I have Kooks headers, 3.5" Borla exhaust and an electric cutout. We are having issues getting it tuned in...and when we open the cutout on the exhaust...the horsepower drops almost 40 hp. It keeps setting off the mass air flow and map codes...and once we hit 80mph with the throttle wide open it starts to take away the timing and then cuts the throttle? When we hit 4th gear the truck seems to think it is producing 800 lbs of torque and things go downhill from there as well. On the dyno it is only putting down 480 hp and the tech has never seen a 6.2 produce under 500hp with the procharger on it. We started with a 4" pulley and it was producing 12lbs of boost...jumped to a 4.25' pulley and had the same issues with less boost/power?

Does anyone have any ideas?

• 4 years later...

I have 2015 Sierra crew cab z71 4wd made 508hp to the tire and around 587ft on 8lbs of boost with meth inj lt4 fuel pump e85 made about the same with out meth and around 9.8lbs of boost turning it up soon looking for 550-600 whp well it’s already turned up to 12 lol but haven’t been back on the dyno! 

64D11296-4E55-484D-ACF2-99BA0F0AD229.jpeg