AUX switch install

I also bought the auxiliary switches for my 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500. I hooked one wire from one of the switches up to the 86 terminal on the relay. The 85 terminal is connected to the positive post of the battery. When I flip all of the switches, nothing happens. Did this happen to you?

Need some help,

I have the cargo light, T/C, and 4 aux switches. I have routed the buttons out to the engine bay. I have connected a... relay box (one relay box per switch). Currently each relay (12V, 30A) is set up as such

Battery -> fuse-> relay pin 30

switch(aux) -> relay pin 85

light bar -> relay pin 87

Ground - > relay pin 86

with these connected as such the lights on my switches turn on and do not turn off no matter what. 

When I push the switches the light bar does not turn on. I have switched things around but have gotten nothing. 

any insight would be appreciated. 

• 5 months later...

I have upfitter switches peddles/tc/cargo lamp/park assist/ldw/hdc/running boards and I configured my switches swapping out hdc with an aux . The hdc (aux) is a non functional switch no wire present I would like to have it function as an on and off switch how can I go about achieving this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2016 at 6:08 PM, arkiehou02 said:

Thanks. That helps out. I am just going to tie the pedal up and down together as the switch for that button. That sounds reasonable. It won't have an indicator but I plan on using it for RGB halos that I want on all the time. But I still want the capability to turn them off. I will use the NO function on the latching relay and the button push will turn them off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I know this is old but hope you get it lol.  I did this about 5 years ago and only used first 2 aux for lights.  Now i want to use another and i was reading this over again and I am wondering if i did the indicator lights wrong.  I do have it all working I use one latching relay for the relay to the light bar and another for the indicator light.  So thats 2 for each switch. I have 4 hooked up now.  This does work,  But i see you say here to hook up the indicator to NO function and it will turn on and off with the switch .  Does this work for you?  I would help me out as I would not have to add another relay just rewire what I have

On 4/26/2018 at 4:17 PM, TinkeringFox said:

I just tested an Upfitter switch with a CNG button (23146445) and it seems to be identical to the one with TC,Cargo,Exhaust Brake (23145163?). The output and indicator input use the Exhaust Brake plug (X2). If you were to use this CNG switch, or the Exhaust Brake switch inyour application you would need to remove terminal/wire 4 from the X1 connector (main plug) and swap into pin 4 on the X2 connector (exhaust brake plug). The terminals are a different size so a cut and splice would be necessary or just replacing the terminal. This would allow the use or triggering of HDC through the Output pin from CNG or Exhaust Brake. You would just pop on an HDC cap in place of CNG, then move the CNG cap to say Aux 4 to use as your slip tank Trigger.

BBF2F6FD-68CC-4126-8293-811A87B3E48C.jpeg

9CECD0DB-F5A7-40D2-95A1-FC968E0453E5.jpeg

67539200-88A4-44A5-BA7D-A827DCBF3792.jpeg

1D7FA789-A142-4AFE-8373-70099BB68BCD.jpeg

How can i get pin 4 & 5 to work like AUX 1 & 2 did?  The exhaust brake doesnt work like them.  There is 12v+ initially, then when hit it it goes to zero volts.  I dont know what CNG is but all i need it to do is turn on a latching relay when pressed, then turn off the relay when pressed again.

16 hours ago, chrispassas21 said:

I’m watching but I have no idea what you need to do to achieve what you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, well thanks for replying... I dont know what to do, Its like these two switches are reversed polarity for what their function used to be I suppose.  But if i reverse the polarity to the harnness (which i am only using it for AUX 4)  it may screw up the indicator light which is working fine.

What i need is something to reverse the polarity before i get to the latching relay, because everything other than that works fine.  I thought there were others here that got the exhaust brake swithc working for something else other than that function...

• 10 months later...

hello everyone. i am new here. recently i just bought a 2017 gmc 2500hd denali fully loaded. however, the truck is already in the shop. the ? i have  are these switch panel small enough that i can possibly retrofit ( custom fab ) into the roof console using the sunglass compartment to make it look factory etc, any help would be awesonme. but i need for sure a momentary switch. and couple of latching switch. i ordered all on board air kit with train horn and airbags for it. but i have no space avaible on the orignal switch panel since this truck is fully loaded with all the goodies

On 12/24/2021 at 6:01 PM, Robo9831 said:

hello everyone. i am new here. recently i just bought a 2017 gmc 2500hd denali fully loaded. however, the truck is already in the shop. the ? i have  are these switch panel small enough that i can possibly retrofit ( custom fab ) into the roof console using the sunglass compartment to make it look factory etc, any help would be awesonme. but i need for sure a momentary switch. and couple of latching switch. i ordered all on board air kit with train horn and airbags for it. but i have no space avaible on the orignal switch panel since this truck is fully loaded with all the goodies

I don't have any pics of mine handy (not on my usual computer, with my vehicle info), but I know some guys have put rocker switch panels into their roof consoles.  Even the big rockers like these:

AMAZON ROCKER SWITCH PANEL

This style of switch has a rear depth of 1.43".    So there is at LEAST that much clearance up there.   But you may have to bend the spades a bit to accommodate the female terminals on your wires.

download1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2021 at 1:00 PM, tooch420 said:

lol, well thanks for replying... I dont know what to do, Its like these two switches are reversed polarity for what their function used to be I suppose.  But if i reverse the polarity to the harnness (which i am only using it for AUX 4)  it may screw up the indicator light which is working fine.

What i need is something to reverse the polarity before i get to the latching relay, because everything other than that works fine.  I thought there were others here that got the exhaust brake swithc working for something else other than that function...

bump