4 post truck lifts

thinking about getting a 4 post truck lift. Anyone have have one and how do you like it? There are so many different brands out there, BendPak, Direct lift Pro Pack, Yard Buddy, Tuxedo, Advantage Lifts, Atlas, Kwik Lifts. I an sure I left some of them out. I want to buy American made thats for sure. I want to stay with a 4 post lift. any and all help would be great. Thank you

4 posts can make it awkward to do brake/suspension work. Plus, you have to deal with the height of the ramps (from floor to the drive on surface) while in the air. Lots of ducking under them and if you are head banging prone, a pain.

If you have a good bit of room and height, symmetrical 2 posts are my favorite. I think they lift safer than an asymmetrical 2 post (arms not of equal length). We use Rotary Lifts at work. http://www.rotarylift.com/LIGHTDUTY/Two-Post-Lifts/

We have a 10,000lbs symmetrical, and a 12,000lbs symmetrical. All the others are asymmetrical. If you have height and length issues in your garage, asymmetrical or the 4 post would be the way to go.

I have a 2 post lift (10K lbs) with the cables running along the floor (hump in the middle) from Eagle equipment. I like it for all the reasons mentioned above.

The only problem I have is getting out of the truck. With the crew cab and the 6' bed, the post is right at the driver's door.

I have 2 hoists at work, a ramp and a 2 post. 9 times out of 10 I'm usuing the ramp. Unless its a transmission or a pretty big driveline job I use the ramp, it makes a great work bench too. I would 100% put one in a home shop. Makes it easy to store vehicles, working on sleds or fourwheelers. My uncle just put a 4 post in his garage to store / work on his vette and loves it.

• 3 weeks later...

This is something I've wanted for a long time. My problem used to be that I didn't have a shop big enough. Now that I do... it has 9 foot ceilings.

Whats the minimum requirement for a 2 post? I'm not really worried about a 4 post type deal, I want to be able to get under the car/truck without worrying about jack stands and jacks, it'd also be nice to get it more than a foot off the ground, but with my ceiling so low I'm not sure. We've kinda floated the idea of vaulting the ceiling of 1 bay.. the actual roof peak is at least 7 feet above the ceiling, but the shop was built with trusses.

• 3 months later...

I just stumbled across this thread and it got me curious. Would love to put a 2-post in my garage someday, but need the right space for it first. My guess would be either the 10K or 12K symmetrical. Out of curiosity, what does one of these run? All the money I've spent on labor over the years probably could've bought me a handful of these by now!

Archived