What should I expect?

smhss

Guys, I'd like a bit of your thoughts/advice, please. I owned a 2008 6.0 "Vortec Max" Silverado 1500 CC; it had a major engine failure at 40,000 miles in 2010; I replaced it with a 2011 6.2 1500 CC. I loved both of them. The throttle response was stellar--the 2011 in particular is very peppy; it flat out flies. No problems with it besides the paint coming off of the steering wheel and HVAC controls. Anyway, I ordered a 2015 6.2 crew cab; my TPW is 3/2. To be honest, I'm getting increasingly nervous that the '15 is going to disappoint me in terms of throttle response, not to mention all of the vibration horror stories. Has anybody else gone from a GMT900 6.2 to a 2015 6.2/8 speed? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

The 2011 era 6.2's are amazing trucks. They don't have active fuel management, and the transmission reaction / response is great. Sorry, I can't comment on the new 6.2 trucks, but I can tell you you would have been very disappointed going from what you have to a 5.3. Good luck with the new truck!

Josh, thanks for the reply. You are correct--the 2011 is amazing, and I love the lack of AFM (my 2008 had it, and I think it played a part in its early demise). I may just keep this 2011 and stick in the barn for a while after the 2015 gets here. I know they'll never make another truck like it.

I agree that it's not that much of an upgrade. My main motivation in trading is the fact that the mileage keeps getting higher and higher on the 2011, and I fear that if I wait another year or longer, a normally aspirated large V8 with a column shifter, a key ignition and a reasonably attainable price point is going to be a thing of the past.

you can research the vehicles a year or two in advance and still purchase one if that is the case. You can buy new 2014's still and you know what the 2015's have, so you can compare apples to apples. Honestly I don't care for the 2014, the infotainment is more lacking than the 2012 I had, same with the climate control. I just wish the 2012 had more leg room in the back. That was the killer for me.

i had a 2012 6.2L denali AWD and traded for a 2014 6.2L denali 4x4. The 2014 has a higher viewing angle on the nav screen, little bigger, and has usb ports. Thats really about all the differences for me. I would rather have AWD and the 2012 auto climate control over the 2014.

You will like the 8-speed and power but will not be happy with the lazy throttle, torque management, and shit throttle.

A tuned 6.2 would make you very happy though as it would fix every issue there is.

I do find a major difference when driving in two/haul mode as it takes the laziness and tall gear away.

The tramission tunning on the 14+ makes it the worst driving truck ever , IMO

The confusion on what it wants to do is super annoying. Ya ya ya , dealer says its still learning , and I know that GM= General Morons. I cant beleive they tell their customers with a straight face that its learning stil...lol

Yea, learning how to be awful . Lets not even talk about the clunking and that famous GM slip yoke. ( Get a good neck brace)

Really , i have had a lot of issues and as much as love this truck for the looks and 6.2 , i thank my lucky stars every day this POS is a lease and I get to give back this POS to GM in less 18 months.

I have had many other issues as well , but by far the worst is the bucking back and forth on this POS tranny.

This is from my own personal experiences. Im sure some guys have had the best truck ever and good for them =)

However my 2014 Sierra has been a nightmare in the 5 months I have had it . 6 dealer visits and now a new problem in that my seat moves around .....hahahaha Wonder if the General Morons will tell me the seat is learing too ??? hahahah

Don't listen to everybody on this site. There are a TON MORE people out there with zero issues with their trucks.

Everybody I know who owns a new GMC/Silverado has owned their's for over a year and has had no issues. They all love their trucks.

Archived