Smartphone money spent?

iPhone 6 plus for me I've always been a cell phone guy I do the payment plan so I can have a phone every year yeah you pay a little bit more in the end of it all but it's nice to stay updated spent about 60 upfront and it's like 29 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same for me. I was an early adopter at T-Mobile so I get a new phone every 6 months. I have the iPhone 6 plus, but I am looking forward to going to a Note 4 in April. It costs roughly 28.00 per month for the phone.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same for me. I was an early adopter at T-Mobile so I get a new phone every 6 months. I have the iPhone 6 plus, but I am looking forward to going to a Note 4 in April. It costs roughly 28.00 per month for the phone.

Hahah I bought my mother a note 4 that is a impressive piece of hardware the metal borders makes it feel very nice if touchwhiz wasn't such shit I would of never went back to iPhone haha vanilla android only

Hahah I bought my mother a note 4 that is a impressive piece of hardware the metal borders makes it feel very nice if touchwhiz wasn't such shit I would of never went back to iPhone haha vanilla android only

touchwhiz wasn't such shit I would of never went back to iPhone haha vanilla android only

I swear I don't know what that means. Can you translate into 50 year old person English, please?

touchwhiz wasn't such shit I would of never went back to iPhone haha vanilla android only

I swear I don't know what that means. Can you translate into 50 year old person English, please?

Touchwiz is Samsung's skin for the Android operating system. Vanilla Android is the stock Android Operating system straight from google. Generally only available on Nexus devices out of the box

That said, i am running the numbers to upgrade my S5 to a Note 4. Basically what i can sell the S5 for. If it will cover the $400 or so after taxes

I am looking at getting a personal phone, for facebook and such. I can use the work phone for it but as it's their property there is 0 privacy

Contemplating the following phones on US Cellular 8 gigs of data, unlimited talk text for 100$ a month plus 10$ per line plus XYZ for phone per month ( math ads up to exactly the same and I get a new phone very 12 months ) They Charge 40$ a month if you pay 200-300 for your 2 year contract phone, or 10$ a month if you do their monthly phones... it's a wash or 5$ more a month

iPhone 6 Plus ( I have a 6 at work now, and if this is a personal phone I want to be able to see stuff )

Galaxy Note 4 ( Loved my note 2, so why not )

Galaxy S5 ( Slightly smaller than the note 4 )

Or buying a Note 3 outright as I have a good deal..

I had my Inspire 4g for 3 years and sometime in may I'll have had this OPPO Find 7a a year. I'll keep this one at least another year, or God forbid until I break it. Inspire was bought with contract discount @ $100 and the Find 7a $500 direct from OPPO. New Samsung look purdy but not paying that much for a phone that is striving to be as locked down as an apple product. Might as well over pay for one of them instead.

Go here & there will generally be a fix for most anything locked down. http://forum.xda-developers.com/

Temporarily had a S2 that was rooted to side step something the carrier had installed. Also got rid of all the bloatware.

Returned the phone back to stock & got rid of it as the S3 was a month away from release at the time. Have not touched

the S3 as there was nothing I needed changed.

Go here & there will generally be a fix for most anything locked down. http://forum.xda-developers.com/

Temporarily had a S2 that was rooted to side step something the carrier had installed. Also got rid of all the bloatware.

Returned the phone back to stock & got rid of it as the S3 was a month away from release at the time. Have not touched

the S3 as there was nothing I needed changed.

That's where I got my Inspire 4g roms from, how I put Android on my HP TouchPad that didn't even come with Android to begin with, and sometimes for my OPPO Find 7a (although primarily use OPPO's own Forums for current phone.) if you get bored go look and see how well they are doing with the new Samsung devices on AT&T. I have no problem rooting, unlocking, and installing custom roms but if Samsung is going to be stupid about it and AT&T is going to add gas to the flames then Samsung isn't getting my money until they quit trying to be crApple. Sadly their newly announced S6 line does nothing to change my mind about their mobile division.

Touchwiz is Samsung's skin for the Android operating system. Vanilla Android is the stock Android Operating system straight from google. Generally only available on Nexus devices out of the box

beat me to it ;( and yeah Motorola devices generally. Run straight android devices as well each cell phone manufacturer try's to tweak android to make it their own htc sense UI and LG does it as well to get better idea if you get time go into a cell phone store and go look for the new nexus 6 play with it and then go find the note 4 In the end same OS just skinned different and added features

That said, i am running the numbers to upgrade my S5 to a Note 4. Basically what i can sell the S5 for. If it will cover the $400 or so after taxes

where do you live those things used are going for like 250 here in Cali you might be able to sell it on amazon eBay for that much

where do you live those things used are going for like 250 here in Cali you might be able to sell it on amazon eBay for that much

I havent looked in my local cali market. Ebay 300 seems to be the minimum they are selling for.

I am looking at getting a personal phone, for facebook and such. I can use the work phone for it but as it's their property there is 0 privacy

Contemplating the following phones on US Cellular 8 gigs of data, unlimited talk text for 100$ a month plus 10$ per line plus XYZ for phone per month ( math ads up to exactly the same and I get a new phone very 12 months ) They Charge 40$ a month if you pay 200-300 for your 2 year contract phone, or 10$ a month if you do their monthly phones... it's a wash or 5$ more a month

iPhone 6 Plus ( I have a 6 at work now, and if this is a personal phone I want to be able to see stuff )

Galaxy Note 4 ( Loved my note 2, so why not )

Galaxy S5 ( Slightly smaller than the note 4 )

Or buying a Note 3 outright as I have a good deal..

Sorry for post spam but I would do the phone payment option but I wouldn't get the s5 since the s6 is right around the corner if your looking into better phone the note 4 great choice I do find the stylus useful from time to time when I had the note 3. Or the plus which I have I like it a lot the battery is amazing on it the only gripe I had with Apple was the lack of screen size and the battery life the plus fixed both those problems

I have quite a bit of experience with alot of phones... I have 0 interest in the new S6 as it does not have a user changeable battery ( could probably do it with some tools but dont want to take the time ) and no SD card slot... Those are HUGE nails in the coffin for the Galaxy S series for me.

Im leaning more towards the Note 4 or 3... I have a bunch of stuff to trade for one thats practically brand new with a bunch of accessories... wont cost me a dime out of pocket.

I have quite a bit of experience with alot of phones... I have 0 interest in the new S6 as it does not have a user changeable battery ( could probably do it with some tools but dont want to take the time ) and no SD card slot... Those are HUGE nails in the coffin for the Galaxy S series for me.

Im leaning more towards the Note 4 or 3... I have a bunch of stuff to trade for one thats practically brand new with a bunch of accessories... wont cost me a dime out of pocket. [/quote

Your right I forgot about that haha silly Samsung that's what makes android so great was the expandable memory with SD cards going up to what ? 128 gigs now a days and the option to toss a new battery in was always nice batteries start to suck after a year I find but the note 4 is a prime choice thinking about makes me want to buy one hahaha

May be changing jobs, see what new job gives me for a phone and go from there... Would rather have one from each platform ( iOS vs Android )

Archived