4 inch lift in 7 ft garage

I think you'll have about 4" to spare. From what I've found is that stock it should be about 74" give or take a tad. Then you add 4" for the lift, then the 33" tires will add 1" of height over stock. So all together that's 79-80". Then 7'=84" so that's about 4" to spare, give or take depending on tire pressures.

I have about 7 inches of clearance right now measuring from the back center of the cab. current tires are 31.5" so really i would only gain about 1.75 to 2 inches total, obviously bringing the front end up more. my one worry is the antenna. that may be my only issue.

I have about 7 inches of clearance right now measuring from the back center of the cab. current tires are 31.5" so really i would only gain about 1.75 to 2 inches total, obviously bringing the front end up more. my one worry is the antenna. that may be my only issue.

Since the fm reception in these trucks is crap anyways, you could get a stubby antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last thing I would worry about is the antenna. It can be easily replaced.

Since the fm reception in these trucks is crap anyways, you could get a stubby antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a link to the http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DQJB7EK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1425831219&sr=8-2&keywords=antennax+silverado&dpPl=1&dpID=31Gv9XkAW8L&ref=plSrchπ=AC_SY200_QL405 inch antenna I bought for my truck. I haven't noticed any loss in reception except for the stations that barely came in. But it's actually a positive because now I don't have to scroll past them.

Just might barely fit, but your antenna will hit for sure.

One thing to be extremely aware of is if you have a major build up of snow on your approach right at the door, you might hit on top if not removed. We had a real bad storm last year and I just wanted to get the truck in the garage after driving home from work. We had a huge drift right in front of the door, but I was going to go back out to plow an snow blow later after dinner. I noticed when I went over the drift that the truck was way higher than normal. I rolled down the window to check the roof line entering and my 74" tall truck only had a couple inches to spare in the 83.5" high opening to the bottom of the door. Just be mindful, if you should get a big drift with some hard packed snow on the approach.

Edited by Ventilator

Now how was the installation of the stubby antenna? Don't want to do anything that could void my warranty I'm paying for. Never thought a this would be such a hard decision on the size lift I can do

Just might barely fit, but your antenna will hit for sure.

One thing to be extremely aware of is if you have a major build up of snow on your approach right at the door, you might hit on top if not removed. We had a real bad storm last year and I just wanted to get the truck in the garage after driving home from work. We had a huge drift right in front of the door, but I was going to go back out to plow an snow blow later after dinner. I noticed when I went over the drift that the truck was way higher than normal. I rolled down the window to check the roof line entering and my 74" tall truck only had a couple inches to spare in the 83.5" high opening to the bottom of the door. Just be mindful, if you should get a big drift with some hard packed snow on the approach.

Yeah that's a problem I've had. Most likely I will run the stock tires and rims in the winter to keep the new ones I get nice, especially if I get chrome. I also have about a 2.5" step up going into my garage too so it I lose that too

Has anyone been able to fit their truck with a 3.5 or 4 inch lift with 33" tires in their 7' garage? trying to decide how tall i can go

I have a 82" door height, 6" Procomp lift on 34" Nittos (4 wheel drive). It fits.

Forgot to mention running stubby All Sales Manufacturing antenna, took the factory off before it ever went in the garage.

Edited by tstehle

Has anyone been able to fit their truck with a 3.5 or 4 inch lift with 33" tires in their 7' garage? trying to decide how tall i can go

5" zone lift on 35s... . 2015 sierra HD. 7ft Garage opening. Clears by about 3-4" 2a50a6bfab835ce27ab15fe66ffe43fc.jpg05500a1c5e29cec6b0f732248ad89f09.jpg

Whoops just realized I sent you these pics on a different thread

To clarify the antenna I'm talking about. It's the one that's about 3 inches tall on the top of the cab. Believe it's for onstar? Sorry about the confusion

And I measured my garage just now and it's 80" to the weather stripping

Some of the doors do not open all the way to the top of the opening, so don't overlook that.