Driver assist handle on a-pillar? Standard or option?

Hello, I have the print out from the GMC site on my truck and in there it states that the truck should have "assist handles" on the driver and passenger a-pillar. It came with it on the passenger side only, not the driver side. The dealer is saying it's not a dealer installed option, it would have come from the factory that way.

Is that accurate? Do others have the driver's side handle (not the "oh crap" handle above the door).

Thanks...

Part# 23135699 Light Gray, Includes A Pillar Trim, For Use on Light Duty 1500 Models with Black Interior (4AA and 4D7)

It can be factory ordered as a dealer LPO or it can be ordered as an accessory

Hmmm...actually found it here, listed as a standard option for my truck:

http://www.gmc.com/sierra-denali-pickup-truck/features-specs/options.html

Click "interior" and it's a few down from the top...

I have a 2015 1500 Denali and the driver-side handle was not standard equipment in it. It wasn't in the one I test drove before I ordered my truck either. Both only had the passenger side. I just bought one as an accessory order for $50 and spent 15 minutes installing it.

Hmmm...actually found it here, listed as a standard option for my truck:

http://www.gmc.com/sierra-denali-pickup-truck/features-specs/options.html

Click "interior" and it's a few down from the top...

Cravenfan, a name like that tells me you're a Saskatchewan boy... the webpage you referenced is .com, not .ca and there ARE standards differences between Canadian trucks and American trucks. I know it isn't a standard on a Canadian truck, so you weren't shorted on your factory order... but it IS available to purchase and add on. Canadian list price is $52.50+Taxes and a suggested labor install time of .3 hours, so it can't be that difficult to install yourself. Hit up your selling dealer for a break off of list price and you'll have what you want. I'd sell it for $44.63+Install & Taxes (I'm in a dealership)

Cravenfan, a name like that tells me you're a Saskatchewan boy... the webpage you referenced is .com, not .ca and there ARE standards differences between Canadian trucks and American trucks. I know it isn't a standard on a Canadian truck, so you weren't shorted on your factory order... but it IS available to purchase and add on. Canadian list price is $52.50+Taxes and a suggested labor install time of .3 hours, so it can't be that difficult to install yourself. Hit up your selling dealer for a break off of list price and you'll have what you want. I'd sell it for $44.63+Install & Taxes (I'm in a dealership)

That's a good deal. I need me one of those

Ok, then I got nothin for you, lol... the part number will be the same, costs might be different (probably cheaper for you than me) but as far as if it's to be standard equipment or not, not my place to say as a Canadian.

1500 trucks the driver handle is optional/accessory. 2500 and 3500 its standard. On Denali 1500, 2500 and 3500 per the order guide it is standard.

If its on your window sticker under standard options I'd have the dealer order the handle as your truck was shorted without it from the factory.

My wife is 5' 3" and even with the steps, when she drives it, it would be a good thing to have so she can "climb in". My window sticker is AWOL when I bought the vehicle, due to the changes in getting it from another dealership to my dealer. Need to find out more, I've asked for my window sticker anyway, but had the online version, which states I should have both. Not a huge deal, but almost now pushing it as principal.

Just got my 15 SD on sat and as others have said the driver assist handle is a dealer installed option. Got my truck with the old pillar in the back seat. The driver assist didn't fit that well and they ordered another one, was gaped at the top and just didn't look right.

Anyone else who has the driver handle have any problems with fitment? ie not looking like the passenger sidge

Assist handle, front passenger and driver on A-pillars

Listed as standard equipment on 2015 Denali 15/25/35.

Passenger side is standard on other sierra 1500 trims:

E5D NEW! LPO, Interior driver assist handle, (dealer-installed)

-- available on all 3 trims.

Just got my 15 SD on sat and as others have said the driver assist handle is a dealer installed option. Got my truck with the old pillar in the back seat. The driver assist didn't fit that well and they ordered another one, was gaped at the top and just didn't look right.

Anyone else who has the driver handle have any problems with fitment? ie not looking like the passenger sidge

Yes, mine was that way when I first installed it. If you don't remove the speaker grille, you can catch it when trying to line up the handle, thus pressing it under the trim piece.

Archived