Plasti dipping parts on your Truck

I've done my interior trim pieces

45124E58-2867-4DB9-AF3D-A808520E7D2A_zps

A1FFA099-3552-4D16-9745-2F5876EBA014_zps

93A8060C-742A-428C-A2AE-48EFA0042AA4_zps

8C80C68C-C0DC-42E8-A4F3-B6A97636FE4B_zps

DEBAB6E4-28A5-4543-9754-DCCB9E0B00D7_zps

C29B2889-A24D-4ED6-8FCA-C88BE225F3FB_zps

Yep, to get that one little trim piece out from your center stack, all of that deconstruction is necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 8

That looks awesome, did you just do white plasti dip or did you do the white then three or four layers of clear stuff to try n color match the summit white

That looks awesome, did you just do white plasti dip or did you do the white then three or four layers of clear stuff to try n color match the summit white

Mine is actually white diamond tricoat just like Echavez's truck. I used 3 coats of white as my base and then like 3-4 coats of pearlizer to match it. I'm debating on taking all the pieces off and spraying a layer of clear over them so that it won't rub off of the wood pieces since I commonly rest my leg against the driver door wood trim.

Mine is actually white diamond tricoat just like Echavez's truck. I used 3 coats of white as my base and then like 3-4 coats of pearlizer to match it. I'm debating on taking all the pieces off and spraying a layer of clear over them so that it won't rub off of the wood pieces since I commonly rest my leg against the driver door wood trim.

is the glossifier plasti dip the same as pearlizer?

is the glossifier plasti dip the same as pearlizer?

no, the pearlier is just what the name is. It gives the dip a pearl look. Glossifier makes your plastidip look glossy. Its kinda like a clear coat your vehicle. Only thing is, IMO, glossifier gets scratched and marred pretty easily so if you are going to glossify, then get some dip coat spray to wipe on it every so often to help protect against scratches

no, the pearlier is just what the name is. It gives the dip a pearl look. Glossifier makes your plastidip look glossy. Its kinda like a clear coat your vehicle. Only thing is, IMO, glossifier gets scratched and marred pretty easily so if you are going to glossify, then get some dip coat spray to wipe on it every so often to help protect against scratches

i gotcha. I just looked it up, id like it to look as close to paint matched as possible so i think ill try pearlizer if i can find it around me in a store

I did my running boards last summer with a few coats of glossifier over the top. It's held up great and to this date shows no sign of peeling. I just try to be cautious with the power washer. 20141031_084333.jpg

• Like 1

i gotcha. I just looked it up, id like it to look as close to paint matched as possible so i think ill try pearlizer if i can find it around me in a store

The pearlizer should only be used if you have a White diamond tricoat truck. Yours is Summit White correct? I could be wrong, it just looks like your truck is summit white in your picture. If its summit white then I would just do matte white.

The pearlizer should only be used if you have a White diamond tricoat truck. Yours is Summit White correct? I could be wrong, it just looks like your truck is summit white in your picture. If its summit white then I would just do matte white.

yeah its summit white. Ive got a light bar on the front in-between the grille and bumper a 50in curved and I'm plasti dipping the outer front ring of it white right now as sort of a test run for everything else. seems to be going good

• Like 1

Yeah I only did the dash panels, I still need to do the steering wheel and the door panels, and I'm still debating on do the front and back color match like DirtyMarcus, just need to find time to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk