Plasti dipping parts on your Truck

I love the white diamond. I think its a beautiful color.

My uncle is trying to get a 2500hd in white diamond and the dealer keeps telling him its not available. So he refuses to buy.

I guess he could buy a summit white and dip the whole truck. :lol:

Edited by darkfox1

I love the white diamond. I think its a beautiful color.

My uncle is trying to get a 2500hd in white diamond and the dealer keeps telling him its not available. So he refuses to buy.

I guess he could buy a summit white and dip the whole truck. :lol:

Really he could get any color if he's gonna dip it becuase you'd still have to dip it white first! lol. Pearlizer is a dip enhancer and has to be used ontop of another dip, can't be used as basecoat.

I'm going to use a touch up pen to fix the chips on the front bumper. Then I plan to use the clear plastidip for protection on it. Anyone else done that?

Clear Plastidip is like the pearlizer. It's an enhancer so it won't stick well to regular paint, or really anything other than another dip. I'd say if you are going to use a touch up pen, then I'd go ahead and get a duplicolor clear coat touch up pen also

Edited by Mike1220

I'm going to use a touch up pen to fix the chips on the front bumper. Then I plan to use the clear plastidip for protection on it. Anyone else done that?

Armor all makes a clear bra spray you can use. Wal-Mart and a few other big box stores have it for sale.

Really he could get any color if he's gonna dip it becuase you'd still have to dip it white first! lol. Pearlizer is a dip enhancer and has to be used ontop of another dip, can't be used as basecoat.

Clear Plastidip is like the pearlizer. It's an enhancer so it won't stick well to regular paint, or really anything other than another dip. I'd say if you are going to use a touch up pen, then I'd go ahead and get a duplicolor clear coat touch up pen also

I wasn't aware. I had seen a few youtube videos of people doing it and it seemed like a good idea.

What would you use instead of a touch up pen?

Edited by Dropsix

I wasn't aware. I had seen a few youtube videos of people doing it and it seemed like a good idea.

What would you use instead of a touch up pen?

Hmm. Interesting. I've never really seen the clear used on its own with great results but that came out well. May be worth a shot to try it then! It's cheap enough and reversible.

Hmm. Interesting. I've never really seen the clear used on its own with great results but that came out well. May be worth a shot to try it then! It's cheap enough and reversible.

Yeah I'm going to do it on the weekend if it's warm enough. I only have chips on the bumper so I'm only going to do that. Plus my truck is silver so I don't think it will be very obvious.

• Like 1

Did the ugly grey tow hook surround and license plate delete couple weekends back. Several coats of matte followed by several coats of glossifier.

1d7b115996ee6b70a9f973d07a9a1e50.jpg

-Skeet

I did the same a good while back, looks much better in black than it does in that anthracite color or whatever it is

I did the same a good while back, looks much better in black than it does in that anthracite color or whatever it is

I was hesitant to dip anything this go around. In my experience with the dip before they released the glossifier, any front end piece would get bugs basically embedded in it. I did the grille cross bars, bumpers, wheels, and emblems on my old truck, they all suffered from getting debris stuck in it over time, and it was hard to clean that off. The glossifier was released not long after I dipped all that, but I didn't want to redo it all.

Now that I have a fresh canvas per-say, I'm testing the glossifier to see how it holds up to that type of stuff, so far seems to be pretty nice. I may still end up doing vinyl on it as it matches almost perfect (emblems and mirror caps are vinyl), but the dip is just more convenient on some parts, and adding enough glossifier seems to help color match up pretty well. Once I get enough balls to remove the bumpers, I'll probably wrap them just for the better match in color and to easily leave cutouts for the front sensors.

Those trim pieces you did look awesome! If I had something other than black, I'd do the same.

-Skeet

7d6dca2f201464044d04a9d6166d65a2.jpg334ab1ce3c2f1789dd24bfaed2c66699.jpga2571471d6f59d9094546f8fa5fd70dc.jpg7899c1ca5988bd74e45e7ad0398b6e57.jpg

Plasti dipped stock 20's and badges. I bought the gloss also but ended up being happy with just the flat black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same wheels on my truck. I've been debating wether to dip them or not. Now that I've seen yours, my mind is made. How many coats did you use?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean the dipped wheels? I've heard simple green, brake dust pro, and some others but just seeing if there's other suggestions, I heard simple green fades the dip. Also how do you think Wesley's bleach white would do to the dip while cleaning the tires? I have white lettering and I want to make sure the lettering is super clean and I've been using bleach white for as long as I can remember. Finally tire shine on the tires what kind to use, I see people shining their tires as well as using the shine on the dipped wheel as well, what kind is safe for dip if it would get on the wheels. Thanks in advance for any help!