Plasti dipping parts on your Truck

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean the dipped wheels? I've heard simple green, brake dust pro, and some others but just seeing if there's other suggestions, I heard simple green fades the dip. Also how do you think Wesley's bleach white would do to the dip while cleaning the tires? I have white lettering and I want to make sure the lettering is super clean and I've been using bleach white for as long as I can remember. Finally tire shine on the tires what kind to use, I see people shining their tires as well as using the shine on the dipped wheel as well, what kind is safe for dip if it would get on the wheels. Thanks in advance for any help!

When I had dipped wheels I cleaned them with regular car shop. In my experience you can treat them like any other wheel and use your normal care products. After 6 months of dip on mine they hadn't faded at all but this was also the fall/winter. If you want to be extra safe I would spray a couple coats of glossifier to ensure they don't fade. Only cleaning products I wouldn't use would be citrus based since that's what you use to reliquidify and remove the dip.

the summit white matches the white plasti dip almost perfect! i had my 2010 done and I loved it. but i wonder if plasti dip makes rainforest green? LOL

You may be able to get a rainforest green look alike by doing black w/ green metalizer. Kinda like White Diamond Tricoat can be closely matched w/ white and around 4 coats of pearlizer

• Like 1

Dipped my wheels this weekend, I'll get some better pics when it eventually gets sunny again.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes better pics would be awesome! I have the same wheels and have been wondering if I wanted to dip them or not!

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean the dipped wheels? I've heard simple green, brake dust pro, and some others but just seeing if there's other suggestions, I heard simple green fades the dip. Also how do you think Wesley's bleach white would do to the dip while cleaning the tires? I have white lettering and I want to make sure the lettering is super clean and I've been using bleach white for as long as I can remember. Finally tire shine on the tires what kind to use, I see people shining their tires as well as using the shine on the dipped wheel as well, what kind is safe for dip if it would get on the wheels. Thanks in advance for any help!

Dipyourcar sells cleaner specifically for dipped parts so you don't ruin it. I have pressure washed the stuff with car soap and it's been fine. Also have used the scrub brushes at manual car washes on it with no issues. That was all without any glossifier.

On another note regarding durability. Just passed my old blue oval yesterday, traded it off 3 years ago for too many issues to list. I dipped the 20s and bumpers on it going on 4 years or more ago. Asked the guy if he had done anything to it (he didn't know I was the previous owner) he replied he has just drove it since he bought it. Dip held up great I couldn't see any peeling, only thing I saw were some bugs stuck in the front bumper.

-Skeet