Plasti dipping parts on your Truck

I did the front GMC logo on my truck yesterday. It was super easy and looks great. Just one question. How does this stuff hold up to pressure washers and car washes? Obviously I'll be a little more careful when washing but I hope it doesn't peel off if it gets sprayed by a bit of water

post-131252-0-20571100-1440430838_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clocked92

I did the front GMC logo on my truck yesterday. It was super easy and looks great. Just one question. How does this stuff hold up to pressure washers and car washes? Obviously I'll be a little more careful when washing but I hope it doesn't peel off if it gets sprayed by a bit of water

I've run mine through the car wash a bunch of times with no issues.

I've run mine through the car wash a bunch of times with no issues.

Same here. I get pretty close with the wand and it holds up fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got done with my valve cover covers in WDT.

c6a4b88bf14e845291710d5c9bc4e161.jpg1636556f1b2fa960e0851192c05f3c30.jpg

Sent from Off Driller Side

That's dip? Can you snap some pics in the daylight? I've been considering painting some of the plastic under my hood. Either that or I'll put some black bedliner so it stays a deep black instead of fading plastic.

Just got done with my valve cover covers in WDT. c6a4b88bf14e845291710d5c9bc4e161.jpg1636556f1b2fa960e0851192c05f3c30.jpg

Same here is it dip if do did u use gloosifier looks like real paint nice job and how's it holding up I'm afraid plasti dip wouldn't do well since south Texas heat is brutal over 105+ and humidity levels are high sometimes but then again haven't experimented with plasti dip

That's dip? Can you snap some pics in the daylight? I've been considering painting some of the plastic under my hood. Either that or I'll put some black bedliner so it stays a deep black instead of fading plastic.

Yes, Plastidip. If I get a chance today I'll clean it up and take a few more pics.

Same here is it dip if do did u use gloosifier looks like real paint nice job and how's it holding up I'm afraid plasti dip wouldn't do well since south Texas heat is brutal over 105+ and humidity levels are high sometimes but then again haven't experimented with plasti dip

Yes, it's dip and I actually covered it with clear enamel so that dirt and oil will wipe off since its under the hood. That's why it looks like paint.

I'm not sure how well it will hold up, this is kind of an experiment but it gets hot and humid here in Oklahoma also so we will see.

• Like 1

Yes, Plastidip. If I get a chance today I'll clean it up and take a few more pics.

Yes, it's dip and I actually covered it with clear enamel so that dirt and oil will wipe off since its under the hood. That's why it looks like paint.

I'm not sure how well it will hold up, this is kind of an experiment but it gets hot and humid here in Oklahoma also so we will see.

Nice , was the clear enamel pasti dip product or the spray paint type ? Also did u sand them down looks like it if not still looks good

Nice , was the clear enamel pasti dip product or the spray paint type ? Also did u sand them down looks like it if not still looks good

Also curious about the clear enamel. As for Texas heat and humidity, dip applies better in lower humidity, but once it's dry, it holds up to heat great. I've seen people apply it to muffler tips and AR15 barrels and it tolerates the heat fine.

Also curious about the clear enamel. As for Texas heat and humidity, dip applies better in lower humidity, but once it's dry, it holds up to heat great. I've seen people apply it to muffler tips and AR15 barrels and it tolerates the heat fine.

Just regular automotive clear enamel (dupli-color perfect match from Oreilley's) I first tried it on my BowTies because I kept getting bug gut stains on my front one and it held up very well.

Now that I can match WDT so well with PlastiDip I just decided to start sealing it with Clear Enamel for durability.

Edited by TDT

Just regular automotive clear enamel (duplicator perfect match from Oreilley's) I first tried it on my BowTies because I kept getting bug gut stains on my front one and it held up very well.

Now that I can match WDT so well with PlastiDip I just decided to start sealing it with Clear Enamel for durability.

Nice guess I'll busy with this weekend project

Just want to give a heads up for those doing a clear coat (or the clear enamel) over plastidip, if you ever plan to remove it, it's a complete PITA. Especially if you try to peel it off. I had to do it for a few of my interior pieces that I cleared after dipping and it sucked. If you plan to leave it colormatched then I say just real paint it, but that's just my $0.02. And I'm a huge fan of plastidipping so it's not like I don't like it.

• Like 1

Just want to give a heads up for those doing a clear coat (or the clear enamel) over plastidip, if you ever plan to remove it, it's a complete PITA. Especially if you try to peel it off. I had to do it for a few of my interior pieces that I cleared after dipping and it sucked. If you plan to leave it colormatched then I say just real paint it, but that's just my $0.02. And I'm a huge fan of plastidipping so it's not like I don't like it.

True, but the way I see it is if you plastidipped and like it, seal it with clear.

True, but the way I see it is if you plastidipped and like it, seal it with clear.

True. That's how I felt and why I sealed it on my trim pieces. But after a while a rattle can clear coat seems easier to scratch than a clear coat mixed with harder and sprayed from a spray gun. So my pieces started to get scratched easily so I got tired of it and decided on real paint for my dipped parts. Still have other things dipped (grille shell, emblem, exhaust)

True. That's how I felt and why I sealed it on my trim pieces. But after a while a rattle can clear coat seems easier to scratch than a clear coat mixed with harder and sprayed from a spray gun. So my pieces started to get scratched easily so I got tired of it and decided on real paint for my dipped parts. Still have other things dipped (grille shell, emblem, exhaust)

Oh, gotcha and I agree with that. PlastiDip definitely has its place along with rattle can paint.