Plasti dipping parts on your Truck

looks better in the daylight! Gonna do the engine cover?

I'm actually eyeballin a vette intake so I'm not sure about painting the cover yet.

Besides, I don't think you can pull the cover off without pulling the intake on a 6.2.

Sent from Off Driller Side

Edited by TDT

F333A945-CA8F-450C-8F12-7FA11B42E110_zps

1AD9F689-95AC-4CB0-A760-3CBC9868C43D_zps

All emblems have been plastidipped to match and same with grille surround. Emblem black parts are semigloss black rustoleum paint though and all emblems were clear coated so they'll last longer

What grille is that... And is it an insert... I really like it

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What grille is that... And is it an insert... I really like it

Yes it's an insert. Well, you have to cut out the OEM insides to mount this grille. It's not a full shell and all. You'll use your OEM grille and switch the interior basically

It's a T-Rex X-Metal series grille. It's awesome! I get a bunch of compliments on it, it's sturdy, and completely changes the front end.

Yes it's an insert. Well, you have to cut out the OEM insides to mount this grille. It's not a full shell and all. You'll use your OEM grille and switch the interior basically

It's a T-Rex X-Metal series grille. It's awesome! I get a bunch of compliments on it, it's sturdy, and completely changes the front end.

Looks awesome most don't seem to fit the all terrain model unfortunately...

So I was toying around with the idea of a black exhaust tip and I recent found using Google that Plasti-dip works and supposedly holds up on exhaust tips. Anyone try this?

It holds up. But just like when you dip anything else that gets hot (like brakes) it opens the dip up to getting dirt embedded in it over time. You'll have to get BDP from dipyourcar.com or respray it every so often.

I did it on mine and just re sprayed it every other week since I like it to look perfect lol.

• 2 months later...

so I've read through this whole thread and have a couple questions as I didn't see the answers in here.

1)To those who have painted the GMC emblem did you spray the entire logo then just out around the red portion and peel the outside off?

2) If I spray my wheels to protect them from for the winter how easy does the plasti dip come off once it has been on for a while?