Plasti dipping parts on your Truck

This looks fantastic. Did you use any kind of clear coat afterwards? Also, does the dip hold up over time or will it peel like paint?

thanks

i've done 2 applications of dip to my truck

first application was front and back bowties, the grey piece that is down my my front license plate holder and the chrome bumper guards on the doors. for this stuff i did i think 4 coats (maybe 5) of dip and then 3-4 coats of clear gloss dip. i did this in early june right after i bought the truck

the second application was the z71 emblem on the front grille, the silverado text on the doors/tailgate and the LTZ on the tail gate. this application was 4-5 coats of dip, no clear gloss (i wanted this stuff to be a matte finish to have a little contrast with the black paint on the truck). i did this application either last weekend or the weekend before... i can't remember.

so far the dip has held up fantastic. no complaints at all

you can check my build thread (link below in my sig) for more details if need be

thank you. only emblem's are the bowtie (black) and the Z71 on doors - midnight edition. thinking the Z71 would look good black ?????

sorry tahoe08... i missed this question

my truck is a black z71 LTZ (not midnight edition)

i dipped both front and back bowties. the z71 emblem that i just did is on my grille. i think it looks soooooooooooooo much better without the red 'z'. the best part about dip is you can do the z71 on your doors and if you don't like it you can just peel it off

sorry tahoe08... i missed this question

my truck is a black z71 LTZ (not midnight edition)

i dipped both front and back bowties. the z71 emblem that i just did is on my grille. i think it looks soooooooooooooo much better without the red 'z'. the best part about dip is you can do the z71 on your doors and if you don't like it you can just peel it off

Midnight Edition is mine . Thinking of doing the Z71 on the doors - YES or NO ???? other chrome is grill crossbar, bowtie broader .

That looks sweet. Now I really want to do my bumpers and grull

Did you have any problem getting your headlight basels out. what brand of plastic dip did you use an did youdo any prep work on the chrone other than clean it. And if I'm reading you right you can take the plastic dip off

Midnight Edition is mine . Thinking of doing the Z71 on the doors - YES or NO ???? other chrome is grill crossbar, bowtie broader .

i would do the Z71 - i really like the look of mine now

originally my plan was all of the z71 to be dipped with just the chrome outline, but when i was removing the dip from around the 71 some of the inside of the 7 came off by mistake. i didn't have time to redo everything so i just pulled the dip off the inside of the 71 and really liked it so that's how it is. i'll likely try doing it the way i originally wanted it (with the 71 blacked out with just a chrome outline), but spare time is a little sparse with you young kids! ha! ha!

as for the other bit of chrome on the grill/bowtie border - personally, i love that look (with the chrome) so i would leave it.... but the best part about plastidip is you can dip it and if you don't like it just peel it off!

• 2 weeks later...

This looks fantastic. Did you use any kind of clear coat afterwards? Also, does the dip hold up over time or will it peel like paint?

looks like flat black or matte. no clearcoat. you can however add a coat or 2 of plastidip glossifier to give it a Shiney look. It holds up and does not peel unless you try to just make sure to add 6 coats at least.

I have an appt for someone to dip my chrome moldings and badges wondering if it will match if they do glossifierto the dip. Worried it won't match the black and should go vinyl.

An appointment? Why on earth would you pay someone to spray a removal plastic spray? How much did they charge?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lol cause I work in the oilfield and I don't have time. He's going to black out all the chrome with black vinyl which is the chrome moldings window caps and the Greyish part on the bottom with the license plate area. Then he's just gonna dip my logos and side steps and grill And charge 100 for all.

I plasti dipped all my chrome. I hate chrome. I bought the option on my 16 with less chrome where the bumpers match the paint. But my badges and emblems are black plastic dip.

And this morning I plasti dipped this arrow I just turned into an antenna.. and yes this is a real razor tip. I love it. I seen the ones they sell in stores where the feather end is up but that's not really my stylepost-161520-14763987911_thumb.jpgpost-161520-147639881423_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

post-161520-14763987911_thumb.jpg

post-161520-147639881423_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

post-161520-147698521737_thumb.jpg

After plastidipping my badges and silverado emblems months ago and finding out just how durable this stuff is in decided to do my front upper air dam. I have removed the lower one and I'm leaving it off.

My last piece of chrome was on my upper and that's why I'm dipping it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk