RX350 Tuning for Retrofit

Still waiting on my RGB DRL boards but I got the projectors tuned. Special thank to Spurshot for the adapter plates, serious appreciation!!'

RX350 w STI-r Clear lens upgrade

Adapter plate to Sierra OEM

2x washer spacing for cut off tuning

7v4okxf.jpg
ZBUYPqC.jpg
tOZSHzJ.jpg
20Fwsac.jpg
dvQ5ENa.jpg
Je1RH3r.jpg

Yea I dont wanna kill the width too terribly but I wanna see if I can get more color.

Does the attached picture have the quantity of color you are seeking? If not, then ignore this....

Did you enlarge the lens ring so that the STI-R lens seats all the way where it should? If yes to both, then my suggestion would be to try removing the washers and the mounting plate to get to a "stock" setup and see if the color and sharpness are what you desire then start adding back the spacers. The image below is the RX350, US shield, STI-R lens, enlarged lens ring so the lens seats where the OEM lens did, dremeled the tab in front of the shield down a tiny bit, and lens rotation. No washers or anything else. It used an OSRAM 66240 test bulb with unknown hours. Unfortunately the cell phone picture is pretty grainy making the cutoff look less sharp than it really is. I was pretty surprised at just how much of a change simply rotating the lens made. At first I was thinking "yuck, I don't like that and then started rotating and it looked like a completely different cutoff.

Forgive me for the lack of curtains/pictures. The ex-gf recently moved out so the house is pretty bare until the new lady friend moves in.

post-138385-0-83879300-1429617676_thumb.jpg

Did you already order those DRL boards? If not then hold off. I will have some for you in probably less than 2 weeks......They will be a hell of a lot cheaper than Oracle garbage too. Lol.

68a1ba23f8c3544e29bac95dde11dd9c.jpg

Are those colour shifting?

How bright are each diodes?

Did you already order those DRL boards? If not then hold off. I will have some for you in probably less than 2 weeks......They will be a hell of a lot cheaper than Oracle garbage too. Lol.

I have a pre-order that I can cancel. I've also been in touch with the cats at Diode Dynamics about their solution.

Shoot me a PM and I will throw a deposit your way.

So are those going to pop in place of the stock board? Because that would be way better then laying down the led strip inside the light like what people are doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pre-order that I can cancel. I've also been in touch with the cats at Diode Dynamics about their solution.

Shoot me a PM and I will throw a deposit your way.

Yep we have been working with the guys a diode dynamics on this setup. We are an authorized reseller/installer.They have one of our sets of SLT headlights and we go back and forth on how the setup needs to work. Can't say enough awesome things about those guys. The only thing waiting on now are the drivers for it and then getting some builds lined up will be possible.

These will be a million times better than Oracle. Lol. So much less money too. Can't disclose pricing or release date as we have agreed to only share what they want us to share.

These are very bright leds and being a replacement board it provides a very uniform light distribution. The heat sinks will ensure that the leds stay bright over time and last as long as (if not longer than) oem. A switchback board will also be coming soon for those not into the RGB stuff.

We are really looking forward to getting these up in our website and getting installs going. Wish I could share more info but stay tuned.......

Archived