Battery box under hood in aux bat location?

I bought a battery box today, and I can't get it in there for nothing.... It definitely won't work with the lid IF I do get it in cuz there's a cross member support that would be in the way

I bought a battery box today, and I can't get it in there for nothing.... It definitely won't work with the lid IF I do get it in cuz there's a cross member support that would be in the way

Just have to find a box that fits.

• 3 weeks later...

ya i thought about those too, i just dont like that i have to drill in, and the other issue is i would loose tie down anchor points and i use my truck to move motorcycles a lot more than planned so i kinda need them.

if i would have planned on moving bikes this much i would have gotten the standard box and not short, tailgate down!

ya i thought about those too, i just dont like that i have to drill in, and the other issue is i would loose tie down anchor points and i use my truck to move motorcycles a lot more than planned so i kinda need them.

if i would have planned on moving bikes this much i would have gotten the standard box and not short, tailgate down!

Having extra windshield wiper fluid is highly over rated anyway. Every gas station has it. Don't need any tools, the truck is new. Probably more useful to have a small griddle made to hang on the exhaust manifold for a grilled cheese. :D

• Like 1

Having extra windshield wiper fluid is highly over rated anyway. Every gas station has it. Don't need any tools, the truck is new. Probably more useful to have a small griddle made to hang on the exhaust manifold for a grilled cheese. :D

i always carry some basic tools, just bought a new tool box today that im going to put anchor points on and it will sit between my 2 bikes in the truck.

its not for the truck...its for the boats and bikes.

as for washer fluid....i always carry it. i may just put a ratchet strap around 1 under the hood and call it a day.

• 1 year later...

This past weekend while 30 minutes from the nearest gas station I was comforted by the thought of my jump pack, air compressor and tire plugs. New trucks still get nails in tires!

• Like 1

This past weekend while 30 minutes from the nearest gas station I was comforted by the thought of my jump pack, air compressor and tire plugs. New trucks still get nails in tires!

What jump pack with a compressor are you using that can fit in that battery tray? I keep one of those costco 45 gallon tote boxes with like 20 straps, jack, jump box, and various tools in the bed. I do a lot of moving

You can have your cake and eat it too!

These lockable, swing out, latching, removable bed boxes are easy to access even with the tonneau cover on! Lightweight and can be locked in place or taken out altogether if you want to access tie down point. Six self tapping bolts to mount each can be installed in under 10 minutes.

post-156616-0-96772100-1470491685_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-94818700-1470491701_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-62771300-1470491714_thumb.jpg

What jump pack with a compressor are you using that can fit in that battery tray? I keep one of those costco 45 gallon tote boxes with like 20 straps, jack, jump box, and various tools in the bed. I do a lot of moving

Snap on jump pack and small craftsmen compressor.

I'm also curious on how any plastic box would fair under the hood during the summer or even any metal boxes... Prob boil any kind of fluid you stick in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by NYSierra4

Since are talking about ideas about that wasted space, I've been thinking about using it to maybe install an diy intercooler system., I've seen racing cars use ice to maximize the HP since cold air is denser than hot air. Maybe a 12V air fan, styrofoam box, ice in it, run an air duct to the air intake box.. Just an idea..

I'm assuming one of those small li-on ones? Wonder how li-on fares under the heat. I'm afraid of leaving most stuff in the car here in vegas. In the summer anyway.

I don't drive around with any of that stuff on a regular basis but I like to have it with me on a trip. So it wouldn't be exposed to such heat on a regular basis. Don't forget it gets pretty hot in the bed of a truck as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm also curious on how any plastic box would fair under the hood during the summer or even any metal boxes... Prob boil any kind of fluid you stick in there

Plastic battery boxes are designed to withstand high heat just like all the other Plastic under the hood. Most intake manifolds are now plastic. As far as fluids boiling. That's kinda funny really. Washer fluid is in a plastic jug right in front of where the box would be. Doesn't boil. Brake fluid in plastic resevior doesn't boil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk