Battery box under hood in aux bat location?

has anyone added a battery box where the spare battery location is?

i want to find a big enough battery box that i can safely mount in there to be my roadside and washer fluid carry kit/location.

i have no need to run a 2nd battery and this spot seems ideal. i coule ratchet straps, washer fluid, jumper cables..etc.. whatever your kit carries.

thoughts?

place to get a good box with a latch on it?

has anyone added a battery box where the spare battery location is?

i want to find a big enough battery box that i can safely mount in there to be my roadside and washer fluid carry kit/location.

i have no need to run a 2nd battery and this spot seems ideal. i coule ratchet straps, washer fluid, jumper cables..etc.. whatever your kit carries.

thoughts?

place to get a good box with a latch on it?

That's a great idea to use it for storage like that. I'm interested to see what information people post back here with.

I thought about getting a jerry can storage box to put under there a while back and just forgot about it haha. They've got mounting brackets for them that may be able to work under there too. Something like this:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Exterior-Parts-Car-Care/Trail-Can-Utility-Tool-Box.aspx?t_c=3&t_s=120&t_pt=3229&t_pn=RPP86619&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&gclid=CInvgISW0cUCFZGLaQod6osAnw

-Skeet

Edited by SkeeterMcSkeet
  • Like 1

funny you should mention ammo case, earlier today i was just thinking about using one of my steel ammo boxes but that would only hold 1 bottle of washer fluid.

im going to go to my gun shop next week to look at ammo boxes, im also going to go to a marina to look at boat battery boxes too. i think the marine battery box will be the winner.

Just search the forum and google. You will find TONS of threads and information about doing this. Basically what holds true for 2007.5-2013's will work for the K2XX.

thanks, just noticed this. i could have sworn i read somewhere the aux battery tray was new for the 2014 1500's but i guess i was wrong.