6.2l w/o leather?

Why are you so against leather seats? They sre nicer, more comfortable, easier to clean, and hold up better than the crap cloth.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

High quality leather would be nice. Both of the front seats in my silverado LTZ ripped/cracked, and this isn't a work truck, just a daily driver. When I pointed it out at my dealership, they said it was regular wear and tear and was to be expected with the material in these vehicles.

Not a fan really, leather will eventually crack/crease/split even with regular conditioning. Cloth has always been bullet proof for me. And the extra cost. Plus we have little ones and car seats to leave indentations.

I've had quite the opposite experiences. Yes can crease and crack, and vinyl will do the same, cloth will wear and tear. All of the materials will eventually show wear. I think leather is the most durable. Keep it moisturized with a good product and it will outlast a cloth seat, maybe outlast the rest of the vehicle. Cloth seats "inhale" dust when you move around on them and the dust from a 4x4 that settles on the seats just gets sucked into thru the fabric and into the foam. I've had cloth and leather. Leather is my choice for a hunting truck. My last hunting truck had 150,000 miles on it and the leather seats. They had dogs with mud on their feet climb around on them and constantly had the dogs on them around town. They still look really decent last time I saw it. My last cloth seat truck was a 99 1/2 GMT800 and the seats looked pretty worn and faded when I sold it at 225,000 miles. At nearly 275,000+ miles today, they are really trashed, as in I dont' want to sit on them.

I've read some here complain about the leather GM uses as not being of good quality. I dunno. I think for the application, the GM leather is great. But it ain't the same leather I'd expect in a luxury car either.

I've owned over a dozen vehicles, none with leather. I was against the leather too, but I went with 6.2 max tow package. I'm actually very pleased with it. Let's face it, the leather on these trucks is not why they cost $49500, it's the combo of the shinny new 8 speed tranny with the 6.2 l engine.

Archived