Performance/Economy Chip

Is there a performance chip worth putting in a 2011 6.0L 2500HD.....jus picked this truck up this spring, jus wishing the towing performance was a little better....pulling a 8000# empty toyhauler, it will be a little over ten loaded.....

From all my reading, chips are a thing of the past. Now it's tuning that'll help you more. I recommend Black Bear Performance. They are a vendor on this site, you can check them out and they will answer all your questions regarding tuning.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/141-black-bear-performance/

All of the above are good/correct answers. Black bear is good. I've heard EFI Live is good I personally run a superchips flashpaq due to the cost and I have been extremely happy with it. Does everything I need it to do and then some. (my favorite mod other than lift/tires) While the superchips will give you power increases I bought mind mostly for econ and cal the speedo due to my lift and tires and it has worked great. it even smoothed out my harder shifts from the tires and lift.

Probably a tune but a 4.10 gear swap might do you good as well. 3.73 and 10,000lbs will put you over the tow rating of the truck. Not by much, but over. The 4.10 gear trucks are rated as much as 4,000lbs more tow rating with the deeper gearing.

Archived