What kind of deals did you get on the Colorado/Canyon

I gotta agree. Especially for people that live in city or suburbs. You really don't need that large of a truck... The canyon/colorados are amazing as far as every day drivers. So smooth, handle fantastic and easy to park. It's funny because in almost every country a colorado, tacoma or frontier is just considered a truck...it's only in the US that we think we need something that large.

I'm a contractor and the canyon meets my needs 95% of the time, and when its size doesn't, I can use a bed extender. This while enjoying the driveability of these canyons is fantastic.

If size is the biggest determining factor for price then a ferrari should be less expensive then a huge buick sedan...

Fluffy, I sent you a personal message. Please check your inbox. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just recently purchased my 2017 Canyon SLE V6 for $30,262. It came with SLE trim, Tow package with hitch and trailer brake controller. Also had spray in bedliner and the Convenience Pkg with sliding rear window, 8 inch display, Auto climate control, etc. It's a Crew Cab, short box truck. Love it so far.

*Wish it had a damn CD player though... I guess i'm old school. I have a ton of CD's and really don't feel like spending hours upon hours ripping CD's to a thumb drive. But hey, that's PROGRESS... right??

Edited by CanyonHypermiler

I just picked up a new 2017 v6 3.6L LT loaded, 4x4, power everything, Crew Cab, Long Box, silver, 340 miles on it. $31,900 before taxes, title, and licensing, and I decided to buy some added warranties.

I could have purchased a new 2017 1500 double cab, std box, 4x4, custom, 5000 miles, loaner truck, for the exact same price.

I just fell in love with the loaded options, and how big the interior is. I am 5'11" 230lbs, and it fits me great!

Thanks - Preston

Edited by silverbullet3.6

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Wanted a 19 Canyon, couldn't find one the way I wanted so special order SLT loaded. MSRP $38K, 2K off in incentives.

But because I knew dealers get 3% GM kickback on each sale for any given month, plus paid cash, used that to lower pre-tax cost to just under $35,200.00.

By the way, order time was 4 weeks 6 days from placement to drive away in Feb 2019.

Also, I was told by sales manager that they move 42-44 2019 Colorados/Canyons per month, 16-18 Silverado/Sierra per month, and average delta cost between Sierra/Canyon with comparable config was $14,100.00 lower for Canyon (from msrp's). Otherwise, getting a good deal is up to the individual, and sometimes even pure chance at buying when special offers are happening or dealer wants to move inventory.

If you have great credit and big down or even full-price cash, HIGHLY RECOMMEND dealing with sales manager if possible. You'll get a much better deal, less back-and-forth than through salesman. Also, if financing, get pre-approved with somebody, like credit union, bank, or finance co. Otherwise finance person will try to screw you with very high interest loans that they get kickbacks on.

Last but not least, the same dealer had 17 leftover new 2018 Silverado/Sierra trucks, various models, colors, and such. Selling in $36k-43K range (pre-tax). Highest price one was a dark red Sierra Denali 4x fully loaded. I should have got the Denali, it was nice ...