Undercover Flex owners

chevy15

Just bought an Undercover Flex and had it installed...before I call and accuse the installer of doing it incorrectly I want to make sure it is supposed to lock once the tailgate is locked? I am 99.9% sure it is supposed to. I called the place I bought it from and the guy I spoke to said he "thought" it does, so that didn't give me a lot of confidence. I also saw on Autoanything that it will lock, but I want to hear from people who have one to make sure. The guy that owns the place is not a very pleasant guy so I want to be 100% sure before I tell him he did it wrong. Thanks.

I think I follow what you are asking, I'm not an owner now but have owned and tailgate closes first then cover closes and locks, sealing on top of tailgate. Same concept as the BakFlip VP which I have on my 15 silvy. There is probably a dozen install videos on YouTube if you want to see for yourself.

Sent from Off Driller Side

Just bought an Undercover Flex and had it installed...before I call and accuse the installer of doing it incorrectly I want to make sure it is supposed to lock once the tailgate is locked? I am 99.9% sure it is supposed to. I called the place I bought it from and the guy I spoke to said he "thought" it does, so that didn't give me a lot of confidence. I also saw on Autoanything that it will lock, but I want to hear from people who have one to make sure. The guy that owns the place is not a very pleasant guy so I want to be 100% sure before I tell him he did it wrong. Thanks.

Here u go...

Sent from Off Driller Side

I have one too, yes you have to lower the tailgate to open and you must shut the tailgate to close the lid on the last panel.

I was having an issue that when closed it was loose and I could "push" it to a side and just open it with the tailgate shut. So I called them and they told me the slam latches have an adjustment so you can make it a "tighter" fit so that fixed that.

Archived