Welcome Puddle Lights projector lights.

I am going to add puddle lights to my truck but I am unsure how to wire them up any suggestions I would like for them to light up at night with the dome light circuit. I have had these on my last couple rides and think they a slick. Here are some link with the lights. Anyone done these yet on a 2014+ Silverado?

http://www.amazon.com/projector-Chevrolet-Caprice-Colorado-Corvette/dp/B00G5D9CAU

• Like 1

Simple. There's a few threats in how to tap into the dome light, how ever to put those on the truck I believe you have to drill the door panel in order to attach it. To tap into the dome light I used the driver side a pillar or whatever is called, the piece that goes from the dash to the ceiling. In there after you pull the cap off you will see a bunch of wires. There's 2 solid grey wires, one thicker then the other I used the thicker, that is the dome light. I just use this because is to hard to be under the peddles trying to t tap anything.

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

• Like 1

Simple. There's a few threats in how to tap into the dome light, how ever to put those on the truck I believe you have to drill the door panel in order to attach it. To tap into the dome light I used the driver side a pillar or whatever is called, the piece that goes from the dash to the ceiling. In there after you pull the cap off you will see a bunch of wires. There's 2 solid grey wires, one thicker then the other I used the thicker, that is the dome light. I just use this because is to hard to be under the peddles trying to t tap anything.

DROPKICK Edition

You have installed them already ? I know I would have to drill the door panels to install. My only thing is I have to run wires to all 4 doors sounds like a pita. I was hoping the wiring may be there since I think the GMC have puddle lights I guess I will have to pull a door panel off and take a look. If not ill probe the large solid grey wire and check voltage sounds like it will be a afternoon project already ordered them so I'm committed. Have them on some of my other cars and always get a lot of compliments on them.

I haven't done it but I have looked into it. Not sure of the other doors but I know driver door has a small light inside the door handle you could possibly tap into that. It is always on tho until the truck is off. But I guess is ok cus when your driving the doors are closed so you don't see them

DROPKICK Edition

I should get them this week and I will try to get some photos and a write up how to install them.

I have one of these installed. I was unhappy with the result and did not install the other one. My truck is lifted so it dimmed the light when it hit the ground. Its much easier to wire than you think actually. I have a 2014 Silverado. I tapped into the wire the lights the interior door handle no problems. The other issue is the mounting. I drilled into the door panel underneath but really didn't like how it mounted. it works and is solid but because of the overall light was dim I didn't add anymore. I get a lot of compliments when people see it but its just ehh too me. My truck is victory red and I was able to find an all red chevy logo version.

• Like 1

I have one of these installed. I was unhappy with the result and did not install the other one. My truck is lifted so it dimmed the light when it hit the ground. Its much easier to wire than you think actually. I have a 2014 Silverado. I tapped into the wire the lights the interior door handle no problems. The other issue is the mounting. I drilled into the door panel underneath but really didn't like how it mounted. it works and is solid but because of the overall light was dim I didn't add anymore. I get a lot of compliments when people see it but its just ehh too me. My truck is victory red and I was able to find an all red chevy logo version.

Awesome I knew there was a easier way than the dome light I was looking at it the other day and thought about it a and was like shit this is going to be a pain with the dome light. I'll give it a try on the drivers door first and see how it looks. My truck is pretty stock height so hopefully it wont be too dim. I have had them on a few Caddies and my Audi's always get lots of compliments. If they suck I will only be out $20 some time and a few holes in my door panels on a $40K+ truck.

Awesome I knew there was a easier way than the dome light I was looking at it the other day and thought about it a and was like shit this is going to be a pain with the dome light. I'll give it a try on the drivers door first and see how it looks. My truck is pretty stock height so hopefully it wont be too dim. I have had them on a few Caddies and my Audi's always get lots of compliments. If they suck I will only be out $20 some time and a few holes in my door panels on a $40K+ truck.

I would love to know the size of them when you get them. I was hoping they were a bit smaller. I had trouble deciding where exactly to drill the hole (as I didn't want it coming up into the door pocket. Would love to see the outcome. I bought mine from Mr Kustom (mrkustom.com)

Got them in look sweet I like the added touch Ill upload a write up to show how i did it if anyone is interested. Thanks Skippy for the tip on using the small handle light to power them worked perfect. Also If you need to know how to pull the door off these trucks this video shows you how.

So far I have added to my 2014

Flowmaster exhaust

Limo tint

High beam mod $1

Cargo light reverse mod $1

Added under bed rail Leds $45

Now puddle lights $20 still have a extra pair maybe going in the bumper

Any other cool and inexpensive mods I can do ?

Gonna do the iPhone mirroring next week but that one is expensive.

Edited by Chevster Revster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...