Light bar/ Aux Light switches

I know this is a stupid question. But where are you guys placing your switches for your LED lights. I have set in my truck trying to locate the best spot and everywhere I look i feel like there is a drawback, either hitting it with my knee or not enough room, or just to out in the open. I am wanting it accessible but also out of site. Maybe i am just over thinking the matter.

just seeing what your guys went with.

I haven't done it yet, but whenever I get a light bar, I am adding a circular rocker switch in place of one of the 12V Cigarette lighter spots in my center console. That way, it will have the factory cover that I can flip down over it when not in use.

If you have homelink (or maybe even if you don't) you might want to consider a remote harness like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWELL-1-Leg-Plug-Play-Remote-Control-Wiring-Harness-Switch-Flashing-Mode-300W-/181687741568?hash=item2a4d6eec80

Eliminates having to run wiring to the interior and finding a spot for a new switch.

• Like 1

I will say what I'd really like to figure out how to do is figure out a way to have maybe a 3 way switch that allows me to switch it on by itself, have it off all together, and another function that allows it to come on with the high beams.

Driving down the highway last night I found it gets annoying switching on and off the switch. If there was a way to turn it on independently and have it come on with the highs, I would be all over that

I will say what I'd really like to figure out how to do is figure out a way to have maybe a 3 way switch that allows me to switch it on by itself, have it off all together, and another function that allows it to come on with the high beams.

Driving down the highway last night I found it gets annoying switching on and off the switch. If there was a way to turn it on independently and have it come on with the highs, I would be all over that

Use a relay- I've had all my KC lights set up with a relay tied to the high beams. I can have high beams on with no KCs, and then flip the KC switch and have them all. When I hit my low beams, the KCs turn off automatically- the KCs can NOT be turned on without the High beams, but the high beams can be on without the KCs. Standard single pole, single throw switch and a cheap $5 12v relay from any Autozone.

Edited by ncorry
  • Like 1

when I get my light bar I was thinking on putting the switch where the garage opener is at. it would out of the way and wont be hit by accident. but now that im thinking about it where do you guys run the cable from the light bar to the inside of the truck? do you cut a hole in the roof?

when I get my light bar I was thinking on putting the switch where the garage opener is at. it would out of the way and wont be hit by accident. but now that im thinking about it where do you guys run the cable from the light bar to the inside of the truck? do you cut a hole in the roof?

I ran it through the nipple on the main rubber grommit that the majority of the wiring is going from the engine bay to the cab. Just had to get a utility knife and cut a slit in it and ran a hanger through. Taped the wires to the hanger and pulled them through.

I ran it through the nipple on the main rubber grommit that the majority of the wiring is going from the engine bay to the cab. Just had to get a utility knife and cut a slit in it and ran a hanger through. Taped the wires to the hanger and pulled them through.

got it. but now if you were to put a 50 inch bar on ur roof where would those wires go? im planning on getting one from amazon a white one but don't know about cutting a hole in my roof!

got it. but now if you were to put a 50 inch bar on ur roof where would those wires go? im planning on getting one from amazon a white one but don't know about cutting a hole in my roof!

You could probably just run it down the A-pillar and figure out a way to tuck it into or around the weatherstripping and go in through the wire boot on the door. I'm not 100%, but I think your going to have to drill holes in your roof just to mount the bar.

Another idea I just had is maybe you can pull the headliner back and notch a little indention out of the XM antenna on the roof and run your wires into the cab that way though. Off the top of my head it sounds like it would work, but might not.

You could probably just run it down the A-pillar and figure out a way to tuck it into or around the weatherstripping and go in through the wire boot on the door. I'm not 100%, but I think your going to have to drill holes in your roof just to mount the bar.

Another idea I just had is maybe you can pull the headliner back and notch a little indention out of the XM antenna on the roof and run your wires into the cab that way though. Off the top of my head it sounds like it would work, but might not.

Yeah I know I gotta drill into the pillar and even that bothers me but I was thinking the same thing about going into the xm antenna. I don't even use xm so I'm not to worried. You plan on getting on up top?

Yeah I know I gotta drill into the pillar and even that bothers me but I was thinking the same thing about going into the xm antenna. I don't even use xm so I'm not to worried. You plan on getting on up top?

I would try going the A-pillar route first. That to me makes so much more sense. Just make sure the wiring for the bar is on the drivers side.

No, I don't plan on getting one on top. The one in my grill puts out more than enough light. Very happy with it.