Any reason to wait for Diablo InTune i2?

I'm working on a deal right now to purchase a Diablosport InTune i-1000. I just noticed on Autoanything there is a new one coming out in October. All I've seen is additional memory, faster processor and better graphics....I haven't seen one thing that says it provides better tunes or anything else. It's prices at $400 so I could save $100 by getting the i-1000.

Anybody have any info on this?

Tunes will most likely be the same, if it could flash faster or change on the fly like a minimax that would be worth the wait for me.

Well my intention is to get a Diablew tune at some point, but I'll see how the canned tunes work first and go from there. If all the i2 gets me is a faster processor and better graphics, not really sure its worth the extra $$

I actually sent an email to Lewis from Diablew tunes. From what he is telling me, it is well worth the money. I'm sure he's saying that because he wants the business, but from what he has said it makes sense. I didn't realize they weren't even making the i1000 anymore. That alone makes me cautious because I plan to have the tuner for a long time so I'm not sure about purchasing something that is already out dated. Also he has told me, this one is very noticeably faster than the i1000. Not really a big selling point for me, but it sounds like the convenience would be nice. The i2 can also be updated via wireless and USB. Also, not sure if the i1000 has this feature, but the i2 has an "Easy Tune" feature that is a quick way to tune your truck by just asking yes or no questions as you move through the tuning process.

These are my findings so far.

I went ahead and purchased the new i2 tuner from Diablew. I think for the first few months I will just use the canned tunes, but chances are I'll upgrade to Diablew. Talking to Lew yesterday, he said this tuner can hold multiple tunes on it. When I'm on road trips, I will probably switch from 91 tune back to 87 to save some coin. If I go the Diablew route, I will be able to have him create a tune for 87/89 and a tune for 91/93. That way if I'm really impressed with what he does, I will have a Diablew tune no matter what octane I have it set on. Also, both custom tunes can be stored on the device. Not sure if that's a new feature, but he said it isn't a problem with the new units.

Well just installed the first tune. Went the basic route and did the easy tune. I need to burn up the gas in my take so I can fill up with some 91 and try out the performance tune.

First impressions are the device is very fast. Not sure how the i1000 was, but once I selected the tune it only took about 5 min max to back up stock tune, update with the new tune and I was good to go. Pretty slick. So far the basic tune has great throttle response and I can already tell the truck feels and runs better. After dinner I'm going to go for a cruise and see how it feels all together.

For those of you that have the i1000, what parameters have you used on the custom tune? What settings give you the best driveability?

Well just installed the first tune. Went the basic route and did the easy tune. I need to burn up the gas in my take so I can fill up with some 91 and try out the performance tune.

First impressions are the device is very fast. Not sure how the i1000 was, but once I selected the tune it only took about 5 min max to back up stock tune, update with the new tune and I was good to go. Pretty slick. So far the basic tune has great throttle response and I can already tell the truck feels and runs better. After dinner I'm going to go for a cruise and see how it feels all together.

For those of you that have the i1000, what parameters have you used on the custom tune? What settings give you the best driveability?

Lew did the tunes on 2010, and 2013 Avalanches, it's a no brainier, the guy knows his stuff. I got the i2 for my 2015.

Archived