Wheel offset

I'm looking at doing the 5" Rouch Country suspension lift on my 2014 Silverado, and for the wheels it suggest the following:

18x9 or 20x9 with +12 to +18mm offset.

I don't know much about offset, All I really know it has to do with how much it will make the wheel stick out. But I don't want mine to stick out to much, maybe just a little, but not much, I don't want to need fender flares as I am already on a tight budget.

So what offset should I go with?

Also if anyone has suggestions for wheels, I would love to hear suggestions since there are so many options. I'm going for black ones.

I'm looking at doing the 5" Rouch Country suspension lift on my 2014 Silverado, and for the wheels it suggest the following:

18x9 or 20x9 with +12 to +18mm offset.

I don't know much about offset, All I really know it has to do with how much it will make the wheel stick out. But I don't want mine to stick out to much, maybe just a little, but not much, I don't want to need fender flares as I am already on a tight budget.

So what offset should I go with?

Also if anyone has suggestions for wheels, I would love to hear suggestions since there are so many options. I'm going for black ones.

While mine are 22"s, they are a +18 offset. They sit just a little bit past flush. Heres a pic to give u an idea...

20151123_142952.jpg

Archived