Cranks but won't start

You must be out east there Lilcanadian. I am in Winnipeg and the lowest temp we have seen is about -28C

Jim

Yeah I'm in north ouestern Quebec, this weekend was the coldest weather we've had all winter so far, was -40C this morning -51C with the wind.

Bump the key and let us know what it does.

Truck has been starting fine for the past 3 days, I guess it was just the cold. Still not sure what the reduced engine power message was about and also got a service 4x4 message but that went away once the truck had ran and warmed up a bit. Guess I'll mention it next time I'm at the dealer.

This happened to me about a month ago (2015 SLT AT with 6.2, 8 sp). It was about -20C, and I had just driven about 10 blocks, shut the truck off for about 15 minutes, and then it wouldn't start. Cranked over several times until low battery indicator came on, and then truck finally started, but in limp mode. I drove it through the city with reduced power message and check engine light on. Got home, turned it off, and it started up and ran fine. I checked the code, and got a P1682 (Ignition). Took it in to the dealer, and they found a bulletin on this (PIT5253B - Engine Control Module Mini Relay), so they replaced it. Truck has run fine the few times I've driven it, but it hasn't been cold here since (Edmonton, AB).

• 5 years later...

My 2018 GMC just did the same thing, started the truck with remote, let it warm up until it shut down, went out started it with key, drove into town, about 5 klicks. Went did some shopping, about ten mins. , came out and truck would not start. Reduced engine power icon on. Tried it a few times, just rolled over but would not start. I checked the manual to see what the message meant, about  five mins. of reading, tried it again and fired right up. Check engine light is on, haven't checked the code yet, but truck ran good all the way home. WTF, the truck only has 48,000 klicks, not impressed.