"Decked" is a game changer for me

I want it... how much we talking here?

$1079.99 for mine. I know it's kinda pricey, but finally had enough of all the climbing in the bed and digging thru toolbox. Doesn't seem as bad also thinking how I'll probably be able to transfer to the next truck when the time comes

It's great for a work truck if all you haul is building materials, but I see that it limits what you can haul. And I mean something with any real height and weight which this makes you have to lift something a foot higher. I'm not talking about what it can handle on top of it since I see a 4 wheeler, but I mean imagine trying to haul something like a fridge, just wouldn't be able to do it. It shortens the bed rail by more than half so anything with any real height you'd have to put right up against the cab and the tie down points might be too low for something real tall.

You make a good point. Everyone's needs are the same. I have to haul around larger items like fridge etc when I picking up the appliances for the houses I'm building, but usually that's multiple items and I just get the trailer.

It's had its advantages like any other accessory, but also its disadvantages. Just got to weight it out if it'll benefit your needs.

But again great point people should consider.

Looks great,I remember when Decked made their first push on the market, seems like they've done well. Another alternative is TruckVault. They make some very heavy duty systems both weatherproof and meant to be under a tonneau/camper top. TruckVault also offers high and low profile sets and their own section of dividers and accessories.

truck_vault.jpg

TruckVaultACTOFWAR.jpg

Sport_Home_1.jpg

When I first bought my truck, I looked really hard and long at the Decked system. I decided that what I carry just isn't compatible with it unless I were to get a cap. I currently have a tonneau cover that makes my bed pretty weather tight so I can throw hay, feed bags, etc up there and keep the rain off it. If I had the Decked, I couldn't do that. Like you said, different systems for different needs.

It is a pretty neat system and if I was starting from scratch (cover came already installed on the truck) I would seriously consider going the Decked and capped route.

• 3 weeks later...

Just figured I would add a Picture. I love the decked system and with the Softopper its a great system. Here is is with 1500 lb on it and the guys at decked are great to deal with.

1500lb of dirt and the Decked system might be a little over the rated limit

Just figured I would add a Picture. I love the decked system and with the Softopper its a great system. Here is is with 1500 lb on it and the guys at decked are great to deal with.

Yeah I love the decked system. Probably the best upgrade I've ever purchased for any of my trucks.

Just ordered my Decked system. Can't wait for it to get here next week so I can get it installed.

Awesome! I'm excited for you! It takes them around a week, maybe slightly longer to get it. It's delivered via freight and the freight company will call to verify someone is home.

You will be extremely happy with it, let us know your thoughts.

It took me a few days after installing to finally get it organized like I wanted, but now I don't think I could go without.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me about 3 hours and a 6 pack of Budweiser to install it. Absolutely love the Decked System. It allows me to store my golf clubs, fishing gear, and tools safely. I wish Decked had put the drain feature at the tail gate side of the box rather than the cab side of the box. I would recommend this system for anyone looking for safety and security.

It took me about 3 hours and a 6 pack of Budweiser to install it. Absolutely love the Decked System. It allows me to store my golf clubs, fishing gear, and tools safely. I wish Decked had put the drain feature at the tail gate side of the box rather than the cab side of the box. I would recommend this system for anyone looking for safety and security.

Yeah I know even bed covers have drains at the front near the cab. I believe it's because the front usually sit lower when stock.

That's awesome tho, I wish they made the ammo cans into little coolers(insulated), and put led stripes in the drawers. Other than that they are great.

Archived