Who likes their 8 Speed?

824 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a 2017 with 5.3 motor 1500 sierra with 40,000 miles on it ( shifting hard )  , worse transmission I ever had . I have bought 5 new GMC pickups and 12 used 3/4 ton gm vans . I bought this one for personal use and drives me crazy thinking about the transmission problem . put the / a work truck trans in it .

Edited by mike d johnson

• 1 year later...

I have a2016 GMC Denali with a 5.3 litre 8 speed

with 60,000 kms 

when I leave in the morning shifting at slow speeds is erratic sometimes , on occasion smooth

the truck shakes as if the tires are out of balance, I had them rebalanced to no avail , took to dealer , he changed the transmission oil and did some reprogramming as per GMC bulletin 

that took out the high speed 110 kph shudder 

now that shudder is at speeds up to 80 kph 

The dealer tells me warranty is now up but they will try again , so back for a third time to see if reprogramming can correct

my shifting problems started at 10,000 kms

dealer keep saying it’s a truck , that’s normal

i ve had  GM’s all my life over 15 trucks , this is my worst one ever and I think it’s my last !

My tundra is fantastic!!!