Max Shift Point (RPM) for Each Gear WOT - 2016 6.2L 8 speed?

Just looking to get what each gear, when going WOT, holds to shift max rpm in a 2016 GMC SD 6.2L 8 speed. I remember in my 6 speed 2008 SD the shift points were all short of both what the tranny and engine were designed to handle. Justin at Blackbear increased the shift points and it has been great. Just curious at what the 8 speed has as shift points before I get the next tune from BB. Thanks.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

1st. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhh

2nd. Bahhhhhhhhhhhh

3rd. Bahhhhhhhhhhh

4th. Bahhhhhhhhhh

5th. Bahhhhhhhh

6th. Bahhhhhhh

7th. Bahhhhhh

8th. Bahhhhh

Lol sorry I'm definitely keeping updated with this one

1st. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhh

2nd. Bahhhhhhhhhhhh

3rd. Bahhhhhhhhhhh

4th. Bahhhhhhhhhh

5th. Bahhhhhhhh

6th. Bahhhhhhh

7th. Bahhhhhh

8th. Bahhhhh

Lol sorry I'm definitely keeping updated with this one

:crackup: I needed that one.

1994Vmax, Thanks for the valid response... I read the engine was tested up to 6,000 rpm and transmission was tested up to 7,000+. I remember in my 08 SD they had a couple of the lower gears shifting at 5,250 which was way before peak power. At 5,800 at least it is much closer to higher rating with some tweak room available.

It is. They pretty much do nothing but lose horsepower past 5600 rpm but I found running it higher at the track beneficial to my et. I raised 4th I think it was to 5800 but then really I was leaving it in M4 and letting it hit the limiter just past the traps. With stock rubber and 3.23s shifting beyond 4th just slows it down. Mine pretty much gave up the ghost after 5200 on the dyno and started losing power but it does otherwise at the track lol. My first gear continually short shifts... it will do 5800 once or twice a key cycle and the drop to 5500 afterwards... I am going to try and match my mph to my engine rpm and see if it fixes it as that was the suggestion on the hp forums. The 8 speeds support still isn't there like it is with the 6 speeds and of course 4 speeds. I might fiddle with mine with efilive on the tcm anyway and see if I can do more.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah. Gm rates max rpm on the Vette LT1 at 6600 rpm. Beyond the difference in intake and exhaust manifolds the actual long block between the L86 and LT1 are identical. So even at 6100 or whatever I am below GM'S design rpm... whether it makes any hp or not lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived