Whistle/whoosh sound from engine or trans

Was on a road trip this weekend total of 1000 miles towing a boat and on the way home I was hearing this weird wishing noise at 1500 to 2000 on the highway now just driving to work not towing I still get the same sound accelerating between 1500 2000 RPM?

I took off the intake tube and put stock back on but made no difference. I was just wondering if the Corsa muffler is bad maybe a weld broke inside

Its possible it could be too many things I think you have to look into the truck itself a little more, like will it make the sound if you are parked but revving the engine, or only when moving just to rule out a noise coming from the drive train.

Are you sure it's not the rear differential whining? Myself along with another member have had issues. Between 65-70mph is where mine whines. Let off the gas or step on it and it goes away. Hold the RPM steady and it'll make noise......

Figured it out truck was is auto4wd. No idea how or when I switched into auto. They need a indicator in the info screen like when cruise is on it shows symbol at the bottom

Archived