Single Turbo system/kit?

Superchargers are too pricey though, i want everything done and installed under $10k CAD

You want a shit turbo job go ahead. A good kit will cost you as well.

My tuners shop does turbo kits for $6k US out the door but also does a magnacharger kit for the same price.

Prochargers kit is somewhere in the $6K range as well.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

You want a shit turbo job go ahead. A good kit will cost you as well.

My tuners shop does turbo kits for $6k US out the door but also does a magnacharger kit for the same price.

Prochargers kit is somewhere in the $6K range as well.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

supercharger is nice, especially the ones with bypass valve to achieve factory ride. but looks like they are all the kits are over $10K CAD here, let alone the install. That is why I am looking at turbo

Im in Canada too. Everything is is expensive here, especially in oil patch country. You are going to spend at least 10k for what you want unless you go to some backyard mechanic and pull a turbo of a 2001 duramax. Keep in mind a stock CC 5.3L puts down 255-275 rwhp (on gas) depending on dynometer. A 150rwhp gain at 6psi absolute will not be achievable. 420rwhp will put you around the 560-600 bhp level which will well exceed 6L80 stock TC limits. To get everthying done and achieve that power and have it reliable, your talking 17-20 grand in Canadian Tire money. Would be much easier to get that power with E85 which i seriously doubt you have in the upper half of AB.

Im in Canada too. Everything is is expensive here, especially in oil patch country. You are going to spend at least 10k for what you want unless you go to some backyard mechanic and pull a turbo of a 2001 duramax. Keep in mind a stock CC 5.3L puts down 255-275 rwhp (on gas) depending on dynometer. A 150rwhp gain at 6psi absolute will not be achievable. 420rwhp will put you around the 560-600 bhp level which will well exceed 6L80 stock TC limits. To get everthying done and achieve that power and have it reliable, your talking 17-20 grand in Canadian Tire money. Would be much easier to get that power with E85 which i seriously doubt you have in the upper half of AB.

I saw many turbo videos of a 5.3 outputting 440 rwhp and 480 torque for the 2014 with 67mm turbo running at 7 psi

So I am sure 6 psi getting 420 rwhp is totally achievable.

A shop dynoed the same truck as mine at around 297 rwhp, the same guy tuned my truck too.

I dont think my numbers are far off even if our climate is not in my favor, 400rwhp is ok by me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...