Need help with truck HVAC going off and reduced sterring

I seem to be having this issue as of late. Truck has been 100% since i got it and now its acting very strange..... My girlfriend says its possessed haha.

So randomly the trucks gauges will go out and the AC will completely stop... Sterring goes out and once the truck even shut off..... So far all has been at rolling speeds and today at the drivethru.

This description is EXACTLY what is happening to my truck.

http://gm.oemdtc.com/3194/reduced-power-steering-assist-engine-stall-ipc-radio-hvac-goes-blank-various-dtcs-2014-2016-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

Dealership is about 70miles away and don't want to risk driving it if i don't have to.

Can anyone point me to where G218 is at? I cant find a darn thing under the dash!! Please help.... I need the truck to work.... Thats why i bought a new truck :(

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

attachicon.gifg218.gifhere is a pic

Thanks.... Couldn't get very much done but i made it to the dealership. In the loaner for about a week or so, we will see what they find... I did show them the bulletin and took it into account but we will see.....

Sad feeling leaving bae at the deal but the real sad feeling is not being confident in your pretty much new truck.

I seem to be having this issue as of late. Truck has been 100% since i got it and now its acting very strange..... My girlfriend says its possessed haha.

So randomly the trucks gauges will go out and the AC will completely stop... Sterring goes out and once the truck even shut off..... So far all has been at rolling speeds and today at the drivethru.

This description is EXACTLY what is happening to my truck.

http://gm.oemdtc.com/3194/reduced-power-steering-assist-engine-stall-ipc-radio-hvac-goes-blank-various-dtcs-2014-2016-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

Dealership is about 70miles away and don't want to risk driving it if i don't have to.

Can anyone point me to where G218 is at? I cant find a darn thing under the dash!! Please help.... I need the truck to work.... Thats why i bought a new truck :(

My truck is currently and has been at the Dealership for the same thing for over 2 weeks now. They have tried the TSB PIT5405A with no success. Luckily in my case the tech was able to duplicate it (for the first time in the history of the world) and it scared the poo out of him according to the Service manager. They have tried new battery cables and a new fuse box and had some longer test drives scheduled for yesterday as that is when this typically occurs. I STRONGLY SUGGEST FILING A COMPLAINT ON SAFECAR.GOV as you have mentioned this is a very serious electrical issue. The service manager explained that the truck loses voltage which when it does that the truck forces the steering wheel back to "zero" to reset its self and thats what causes the wheel to violently jerk out of your hand. There are many complaints on this and GM is having trouble because it is "intermittent". But like yourself have noticed and explained that it does it after longer highway drives (approx 20 miles all highway) with the AC going. I am waiting until about lunch time today for an update on how the "longer" test drives went since they replaced cables and fuse box.

Please keep me updated and I have been in contact with NHTSA & GM's Executive office..which is useless since they are basically a middle man between myself and the district manager here in PA, who took almost 2 weeks to get back to him. I feel GM is dragging their feet on this issue and may cause someone to die because of it.

My truck is currently and has been at the Dealership for the same thing for over 2 weeks now. They have tried the TSB PIT5405A with no success. Luckily in my case the tech was able to duplicate it (for the first time in the history of the world) and it scared the poo out of him according to the Service manager. They have tried new battery cables and a new fuse box and had some longer test drives scheduled for yesterday as that is when this typically occurs. I STRONGLY SUGGEST FILING A COMPLAINT ON SAFECAR.GOV as you have mentioned this is a very serious electrical issue. The service manager explained that the truck loses voltage which when it does that the truck forces the steering wheel back to "zero" to reset its self and thats what causes the wheel to violently jerk out of your hand. There are many complaints on this and GM is having trouble because it is "intermittent". But like yourself have noticed and explained that it does it after longer highway drives (approx 20 miles all highway) with the AC going. I am waiting until about lunch time today for an update on how the "longer" test drives went since they replaced cables and fuse box.

Please keep me updated and I have been in contact with NHTSA & GM's Executive office..which is useless since they are basically a middle man between myself and the district manager here in PA, who took almost 2 weeks to get back to him. I feel GM is dragging their feet on this issue and may cause someone to die because of it.

Truck has been at the dealer since Saturday morning and i was told they wouldn't look at it till today or tomorrow. Im cool they can take as long as they need to as they put me in a 2015 loaner. My main concern is that i work all over the US.... I have put about 45K miles on my truck in a year. I cant have it crap out all of a sudden, thats why i bought a new truck. I wasnt able to replicate it but did show them the bulletin.

If they cant seem to get a fix worse case i will be driving to the GMC dealership and getting a Sierra.... Or worse..... An F150

I really do hope they fix it..... I miss my truck and the loud roar of my tires and exhaust. This V6 is too quiet

Good morning Txjose,

I recognize that having your vehicle out of service for an extended period of time can be frustrating. However, I am happy to hear that you are working with a GM dealership to have this diagnosed, and would like to offer additional assistance while you are working with them. Please private message me your VIN, full contact information, current mileage and dealership you have been working with.

All the best,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

Truck has been at the dealer since Saturday morning and i was told they wouldn't look at it till today or tomorrow. Im cool they can take as long as they need to as they put me in a 2015 loaner. My main concern is that i work all over the US.... I have put about 45K miles on my truck in a year. I cant have it crap out all of a sudden, thats why i bought a new truck. I wasnt able to replicate it but did show them the bulletin.

If they cant seem to get a fix worse case i will be driving to the GMC dealership and getting a Sierra.... Or worse..... An F150

I really do hope they fix it..... I miss my truck and the loud roar of my tires and exhaust. This V6 is too quiet

Good morning Txjose,

I recognize that having your vehicle out of service for an extended period of time can be frustrating. However, I am happy to hear that you are working with a GM dealership to have this diagnosed, and would like to offer additional assistance while you are working with them. Please private message me your VIN, full contact information, current mileage and dealership you have been working with.

All the best,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

Pm. Sent.

Still no update but am hoping all will get fixed. Ome of the few who still has faith in dealership haha

Update:

So i got the truck back yesterday and they say they fixed the issue. It was a bad neg battery cable was showing too much resistance when tested with a multimeter.

I did notice before my battery voltage would read about 12 or 13v and sometimes 14 i honestly thought it was the alternator. But just in the coupls of hrs i drove it yesterday all seemed well and voltages at a steady 14 yesterday and this morning.

Taking a 900mile trip one way this afternoon and back on Monday so we will see if it throws a fit or not.

Update:

So i got the truck back yesterday and they say they fixed the issue. It was a bad neg battery cable was showing too much resistance when tested with a multimeter.

I did notice before my battery voltage would read about 12 or 13v and sometimes 14 i honestly thought it was the alternator. But just in the coupls of hrs i drove it yesterday all seemed well and voltages at a steady 14 yesterday and this morning.

Taking a 900mile trip one way this afternoon and back on Monday so we will see if it throws a fit or not.

The voltage meter will got up and down depending on the load of the truck. Mine will start out at around 14 the a short while later will run around 11. It's designed that way and has been since my 2009 did it as well.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Any update, Txjose? My truck is having the same problem. I just brought it to the dealership and informed them about the service bulletin #PIT5405A. They said their master tech checked into it, inspected all possible causes and could find nothing out of the ordinary. This is the second time I've had my truck at the dealership for this problem. This problem is very intermittent. It happened late last year a few times, had no issues for 6-8 months, and now is happening again.

Here's a link to my thread.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/176136-stabilitrak-power-steering-gauges-display-going-haywire/

Any update, Txjose? My truck is having the same problem. I just brought it to the dealership and informed them about the service bulletin #PIT5405A. They said their master tech checked into it, inspected all possible causes and could find nothing out of the ordinary. This is the second time I've had my truck at the dealership for this problem. This problem is very intermittent. It happened late last year a few times, had no issues for 6-8 months, and now is happening again.

Here's a link to my thread.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/176136-stabilitrak-power-steering-gauges-display-going-haywire/

Hey man sorry i havent been in for updates.... Work has me all crazy lately.

The dealer replaced my neg battery cable as it was showing too much resistance when tested. Since i got ir back i have not had a single issue with the truck.

Hope you get this resolved as i did. Worked with an outstanding dealership as well.... Didnt give me crap about my aftermarket mods and i do have a few haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey man sorry i havent been in for updates.... Work has me all crazy lately.

The dealer replaced my neg battery cable as it was showing too much resistance when tested. Since i got ir back i have not had a single issue with the truck.

Hope you get this resolved as i did. Worked with an outstanding dealership as well.... Didnt give me crap about my aftermarket mods and i do have a few haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick response. My dealership didn't give me any problems about my mods either, thankfully. I'm glad to hear the replacement negative cable potentially solved the problem. I'll have to upgrade my ground wires.

• 2 years later...