Trailering Camera System

Is anyone interested in this new system. I saw the press release a while back but couldn't find much info. Chevrolet Communications responded to me and told me it was delayed but is now available and sent me the part numbers. It isn't cheap and it's only available for the big trailering mirrors if you want the left and right views but it's kind of cool. Here is the press release...

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2016/mar/0316-trailering.html

I also I attached the 2nd page of the PDF the Rep sent with most of the info.

Complete System 19353504 $999

Optional 4th Camera 19353510 $349

Trailering Camera Only 19353498 $699

These are supposedly available for 2014-2016 models

TraileringP2.pdf

TraileringP2.pdf

TraileringP2.pdf

TraileringP2.pdf

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding is they replace the plastics of the mirrors with new plastics that have the integrated cameras. That's why it's only available for the large mirrors. They aren't making the plastics for the normal mirrors. At least not yet.

I'd really love to have the complete setup however I don't have the tow mirrors currently and I don't really want them. I prefer the regular mirrors.

I'd love to have the rear trailer camera, but for those prices, I'll just continue to use my Gopro Hero 3 mounted on a suction cup mount and operated remotely by my samsung tablet...works like a charm :)

The integration is neat, but at a $1000, I just just can't get too excited about $100 worth of Chinese electronics for something that is "neat".

The package and the optional camera are listed on the accessories site now. Unlike the flyer the site says its for 2015-16 2500's and 3500's but doesn't mention 1500's. It also doesn't list the part number for the trailer only system. I'm still going to wait and hope they put out a normal mirror package as Echomaster stated they would be doing later this year.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of getting a Camera that is capable to my Garmin GPS (not paying for On Star Nav), and having it wired to my truck with a quick disconnect, so I can easily move it to the back of our camper....even though it's just a Pop Up, I can't see a blessed thing behind me when looking in the rear view.

The Echomaster system will be available for regular mirrors in mid to late September. They also posted an install video on YouTube. I'll post the link later.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived