Winjet Headlights w/DRL and LED Taillights

Hey guys I recently bought some Winjets for my Silverado. I went with some Auxbeam LEDs and I’m not so happy with the light output. I’ve readjusted the bulbs to aim as high as I could get them and still disappointed. Gonna see if lowering them just a tad will fix anything and if not, I’m going to buy some H7 HIDs from Morimoto or Diode Dynamics. Was also wondering if anyone knows the size to the amber bulbs? Wanting to switch them out for some LED switchbacks.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp if anyone was wondering about the GMC Sierra Winjet tail lights, wonder no more.. I couldn’t find a single pic of these on a truck anywhere on the interwebs. Also couldn’t decide if they’re really stupid looking, or might look pretty neat. So I said F-it and just ordered em. I’ll post pics in a few days when they get here.. 

Winjet 2014-17 GMC Sierra smoked 

7371979F-434F-4A90-9A94-BE4FE5AF0821.png

1BB31743-8C52-4F25-9C5B-B22BA6CBD6AC.png

On 4/30/2018 at 3:51 AM, yungcharizard said:

Hey guys I recently bought some Winjets for my Silverado. I went with some Auxbeam LEDs and I’m not so happy with the light output. I’ve readjusted the bulbs to aim as high as I could get them and still disappointed. Gonna see if lowering them just a tad will fix anything and if not, I’m going to buy some H7 HIDs from Morimoto or Diode Dynamics. Was also wondering if anyone knows the size to the amber bulbs? Wanting to switch them out for some LED switchbacks.

What color rating are the LEDs? I had 6500k (roughly) on my Wrangler before getting rid of it and the light out put was great and would go plenty far but once there was any sort of extra light (other car or street light) it would wash the light out. I have read that closer to 5000k is better but I have yet to test. 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:28 AM, Jjohns22 said:

Hey guys, I installed the winjet headlights and they look amazing. I’m in love.

i was wondering, my DRLs shut off during the day when the headlight setting is on automatic light control. I have to manually switch the control to the parking lights in order for the DRLs to come on. Slightly disappointed by this as I love my automatic lights. Is there a way to make it so they are always on when using auto lights?

jack

Diode jump. That's how I got my fogs to turn on automatically. 

On 5/21/2018 at 9:14 AM, pjerzy said:

What color rating are the LEDs? I had 6500k (roughly) on my Wrangler before getting rid of it and the light out put was great and would go plenty far but once there was any sort of extra light (other car or street light) it would wash the light out. I have read that closer to 5000k is better but I have yet to test. 

6500k. I was looking at buying some 5500k Morimoto Elite HIDs with the Memorial Day discount but earlier today, I accidentally ripped the wires out of the harness/housing by trying to fix the aim. Not sure what to do from here but I’m glad I didn’t sell the OEM headlights.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 7:17 PM, BlackjackSierra said:

Welp if anyone was wondering about the GMC Sierra Winjet tail lights, wonder no more.. I couldn’t find a single pic of these on a truck anywhere on the interwebs. Also couldn’t decide if they’re really stupid looking, or might look pretty neat. So I said F-it and just ordered em. I’ll post pics in a few days when they get here.. 

Winjet 2014-17 GMC Sierra smoked 

7371979F-434F-4A90-9A94-BE4FE5AF0821.png

1BB31743-8C52-4F25-9C5B-B22BA6CBD6AC.png

UPDATE:

GMC Sierra owners stay away from these taillights. They can only be found in a few places on the internet for a reason. The Winjet company NEVER released these in the United States. The ones you can find on the internet are from china/japan where cheap sh*t isn't regulated. I spoke with the Winjet company directly and they advised me they were never released in the U.S. because of multiple electrical issues. I ordered some before i knew this, and found out the hard way. 

Moral of the story, stick to the lights that have reviews and have been tested. 

• 1 year later...

Good evening, I hope is well. I'm going to be installing both of these items tomorrow. With the headlights, will I be cutting any wires or what. I need a little more details as to what I'm suppose to be doing in order to have the key on function/daytime running lights. I look foward to your response. Thanks and be blessed!!!