Winjet Headlights w/DRL and LED Taillights

I had the OEM halogen reflectors in my '15 double cab LT All-star package and was wanting to upgrade to projector beam headlights like what's in the LTZ package. I did some research and received Winjet's projector beam headlights with DRL as well as their LED smoked taillights.

Headlights: SKU: WJ10-0382C-04-0914

http://i1motor.com/headlights/chevrolet/silverado/winjetr-2014-2015-chevyr-silverado-projector-headlight-with-double-led-light-bar-drl-black-clear.html

Taillights: SKU: WJ20-0383-05-9688

http://i1motor.com/taillights/chevrolet/silverado/winjetr-2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-tail-lights-black-smoke-1942.html

Installation:

Installing these is a pretty simple job. The headlights take a bit longer than the taillights because you have to remove the plastic radiator shield under the hood, the grill, and the upper bumper piece. You also have to tap into the purple wire in the factory harness to supply power to the DRLs. You'll only have to tap into one of the harnesses as Winjet supplies an extension that'll span the gap and power both of the DRLs in the headlights. It took me about 2.5 hours (including time to shoot the video) to install the headlights.

The taillights can be installed in less than 30 minutes. Just remove the two screws on the inner sides of the lights and remove the housings. The factory harnesses will be used and the install is plug and play. You will have a total of 4 relay controllers included with the LED taillights that can be mounted via screws or adhesive (I chose the included adhesive).

Fit and Finish:

I'm very pleased with how well they fit. I have no complaints whatsoever about the fitment and they look great. The projector beams need a bit of adjustment, but that's typical with any new headlight. The daytime running lights show up great at dusk/night, but aren't nearly as bright as the factory '16 LED strips in the daylight.

Pictures:

IMG_1676_zpssrdmmpjs.jpg

IMG_1675_zpss1yipuin.jpg

IMG_1674_zpsldranft9.jpg

IMG_1673_zps1pzhuxsa.jpg

IMG_1670_zpsjemsdvjq.jpg

IMG_1669_zpsxpr0xj38.jpg

IMG_1668_zpsmm5l7ejs.jpg

IMG_1659_zps8kspuxiv.jpg

IMG_1658_zpswjt0d2rv.jpg

IMG_1657_zpspfqy2d25.jpg

IMG_1623_zpsnshyvu4z.jpg

IMG_1621_zps6b6eplba.jpg

IMG_1620_zps6krpj7ig.jpg

IMG_1619_zpsg3wbxsmz.jpg

IMG_1618_zpsm3e0rjqg.jpg

IMG_1617_zpssftcg0rq.jpg

IMG_1616_zpscy9debwy.jpg

IMG_1613_zps5viplatm.jpg

IMG_1611_zps37yjpgno.jpg

IMG_1608_zpshlhw6zh6.jpg

IMG_1606_zpskltzzbev.jpg

FDE7C1F0-6AF3-41F9-9B3D-BDB439A746D9_zps

B2E0A5FE-2027-4E58-80A4-DF7486A0AD82_zps

Edited by sshsjd10
  • Like 5

Nice video and write up! Those headlights have gotta be expensive. Lucky you for receiving a "review" set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. They're in the $400 neighborhood depending on where you buy them from. Still significantly cheaper than the factory option.

• Like 1

I like them but if I may make a suggestion if you are into it and trying:

Contact GEN5DIY they made me a relay harness for my Spyder headlights which kills the headlamp and powers the LED DRLS via a tap to the #50 fuse (o2 sensor only on when truck is running) during low voltage ie) daytime. Headlamps & LED function at night ie) high voltage. I am super happy with the results and is completely plug and play so can always be removed! My OnStar does give me a warning that I should check headlights but it only a warning so I just ignore it, no biggie since they are being killed during the day.

Since your OEM headlamp harness is 5 pin like mine and you are basically just tapping to supply the LEDS with power I am sure this or something very similar would work for you. Cost me about 165 smack-a-roonies on top of my lights. The people at GEN5DIY are awesome and worth asking IMO. I am still waiting for the dang matching Spyder taillights to come off backorder .... 7 more days ugh!

Edited by Alpine Truck Life

how is the light output on the headlights?

I can't complain. It's not super bright like LEDs or HIDs, but they do a good job in my opinion. I still need to adjust the height of the beam, though.

I like them but if I may make a suggestion if you are into it and trying:

Contact GEN5DIY they made me a relay harness for my Spyder headlights which kills the headlamp and powers the LED DRLS via a tap to the #50 fuse (o2 sensor only on when truck is running) during low voltage ie) daytime. Headlamps & LED function at night ie) high voltage. I am super happy with the results and is completely plug and play so can always be removed! My OnStar does give me a warning that I should check headlights but it only a warning so I just ignore it, no biggie since they are being killed during the day.

Since your OEM headlamp harness is 5 pin like mine and you are basically just tapping to supply the LEDS with power I am sure this or something very similar would work for you. Cost me about 165 smack-a-roonies on top of my lights. The people at GEN5DIY are awesome and worth asking IMO. I am still waiting for the dang matching Spyder taillights to come off backorder .... 7 more days ugh!

Thanks for the heads up I'll have to check them out.

I doubt I'll change them because I'm pretty satisfied with how they function out of the box. Plus I don't know if I see killing the headlamps as $165 worth of changes, but the concept is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up I'll have to check them out.

I doubt I'll change them because I'm pretty satisfied with how they function out of the box. Plus I don't know if I see killing the headlamps as $165 worth of changes, but the concept is pretty cool.

Do thisThis is how I did the relay

Low Beam + coming from harness to COM, NC to DRL, NO to Low Beam, and one of the coil to + from parking lights and the other to chassis ground. You'll need to use one on each headlight.

8DC3395B-D6DA-4666-B132-4311D7E89AFB.png

Edited by Dbeto54