Let's see some sound systems!

I've searched and haven't found a thread compiling of people's sounds systems so let's see them! I'm researching what I want to put in my truck and would love to see some setups and specs on what everyone has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted something plug and play, wasn't going to void warranty. So I went with Kicker VSS PowerStage Kit (Sub and Amp). Self Installed. Took me about 2 hours.

After installing it, I went with Kicker 6x9 for the front and Kicker 6 3/4" for rear.

I found speaker adapters for a factory fit and speaker harness adapters so they too, were plug and play. No splicing or cutting of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted something plug and play, wasn't going to void warranty. So I went with Kicker VSS PowerStage Kit (Sub and Amp). Self Installed. Took me about 2 hours.

After installing it, I went with Kicker 6x9 for the front and Kicker 6 3/4" for rear.

I found speaker adapters for a factory fit and speaker harness adapters so they too, were plug and play. No splicing or cutting of anything.

Any pictures? And how do you like the sound?

I'll be honest, I'll probably go to Audio Shop and say, I listen linkin park and techno. I want to feel like I'm center stage first mez level.

If I had the money right now for that I would but I will be saving a lot of money doing it myself. And besides, I need a hobby for my free time and building a system would fulfill that time pretty well.

If I had the money right now for that I would but I will be saving a lot of money doing it myself. And besides, I need a hobby for my free time and building a system would fulfill that time pretty well.

I've done several in previous cars. But I never get a good balance, so I'm at a point I want it done right and be bullet proof.

Here are some photos. Everything just bolts on to existing bolts. Harnesses are plug and play behind the radio. Amp goes under the driver side dash (next to brake pedal, above the X61A Fuse Block. All wires ran under the carpet. (2) Power cables are routed through the firewall and connect to one of the battery terminals.

It sounds great! Not a "wake your neighbor" kind of loud, but is a welcomed upgraded.

fcd0242e153f3f67481e9dc5adfbd1ef.jpg

9aa33639e6a54807f17d85f271b00ac4.jpg

64848f090e403e4c0014980a1d14dcf0.jpg

92962202d7d9e76ab0b90cc79379b8ef.jpg

d67531db7749f334e1b8cfc28878bfb8.jpg

Also, if you want an idea on total spent, here you go. All items bought on Amazon. I had a fairly large Amazon Gift Card which allowed me to almost fully fund this upgrade. If I didn't go the Amazon route, I wouldn't have been able to upgrade the sound.

Audio Upgrades: Total: $1,129.20

$880.00 - Kicker VSS - 19303117

$79.99 - Kicker 41KSC674 (6-3/4” 2 Way Coaxial Speakers)

$10.19 - Scosche Speaker Adapter (SAGMHR634B)

$128.20 - Kicker 41KSC6934 (6x9” 3 Way Coaxial Speakers)

$11.83 - Metra Speaker Adapter (82-3004)

$18.99 - Harness Adapters

Hope this helps.

Do you have a budget in mind? And what's your goal with the sound?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I just want fuller sound... so a box may not be needed. Some raammat and better midrange speakers with an amp. Probably $1000-1200

I listen to rock music, kids listen to top 40. So some base threshold has to be met. Seriously though, just looking for some 3 dimensional sound. My truck sound like a boom box stereo in the from window.

I have the Bose system and added a Rockford Fosgate 10" 500 watt slim woofer under the rear seat. Sounds good. This isn't crazy loud bass, didn't want that. Need more bump though. I didn't get the center console with sub.

dc789ba7e25f88e7cfc551393f737d4f.jpg

8f310059bbc107e4902739c67e3c62b2.jpg

9481afc2d28caa04356653125a9c8d7a.jpg

Ok, so 1000-2000, full sound, rock, top 40, lastly I forgot to ask, are you keeping the stock head unit?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah unfortunately it seems way too much of the truck is integrated to lose the stock head unit

Archived