2016 2500 Duramax Fuel Milage

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2016 2500 HD with the Duramax engine.

My question is about fuel mileage. How accurate is the fuel mileage displayed in the Drivers Info Center?

It says I'm averaging around 15/16 mpg but when I go to fill up I'm only getting about 13.8 mpg when I figure the gallons used vs. miles driven.

I've gone through a few tanks already at different pumps and it averages out to 33 gallons and around 460 miles traveled give or take.

Thanks in advance

Initially mine was off .7mpg or so, with the exception of a few tanks or so that my trips were very short- 8mi. Trip twice/day. Those tanks the dic was figuring 2.5-3mpg better than actual.

Now actual seems to have settled in right around 1mpg less than dic.

Some will say it's dead nuts accurate, some have larger spreads than I. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I generally get 16.5mpg on an unloaded tank.

My 2012 seems fairly accurate.. always shitty millage because of a shitty DPF :( Congrats on the new Duramax though, Give that gal some good highway driving to keep the DPF happy and she'll treat you well.

Are you comparing with the trip meters (A and /or B) or with the bar graphs?

My last LML had the old style dic, but it was always within about .3 mpg (sometimes over, sometimes under)

Nice to hear. It seems GM does pretty good with it's oil life monitor, tire pressure monitor, & now fuel economy monitor devices. You hear that, GM? WAY TO GO! See? You guys CAN do some things right! Drinks all around! :cheers:

I'm comparing it to the Trip A. It just seems that the bar graph/trip A is optimistic compared to gallons used/miles travelled.

The bar tracks the past 25 miles, 50 miles, or 400 miles. I've noticed that the 400 mile reading is usually pretty close to my trip reading by the time I'm ready to fill up.

My commute to work is a little over 30 miles - mostly highway - so my 'last 25' reading is usually pretty high (low 20s). I don't have any illusions though. By the time I'm ready to fill it up, I can pretty much rely on the 'last 400' reading to match the 'trip' reading... both of which are pretty close to hand calculated at the pump.

Never hand calculated but when on long road trips I drive 600 miles and when my DIC indicates 100 miles until empty I have about 1/8 of a tank left. DIC indicates 20-22 mpg at speeds ranging from 75-80. Occasionally on trips i range from 70-75 mph with indicated mpg of 24-22mpg. All of these results have been obtained by running one complete tank which usually includes a regen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Archived