Light bar wired in to existing switch

So got the wireless harness and just did a dry run with it and ran into an issue. This harness has an off and on button that are separate which would mean I would have to program 2 homelink buttons. Don't know if anyone else had this issue? Will look on amazon to see if I can find one without the separate buttons.

ff4704f7b0448095f8f6807c6245c35c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I didn't run into that. The harness link I posted to Amazon has an identical looking remote but labeled "a", "b", "c" & "d" which cycle through different patterns (a = on/off, all the others are flash patterns).

That's why there is Amazon Prime, thanks for the confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Mounting a 42" and 14" Quake lightbar in my grille and definitly looking into the homelink option as a switch for each light bar individually. The bars come with a 3way toggle for red, white and off and I'd like to use homelink for all three options. Possibly homelink 1 for the on/off of the 14", homelink 2 for the 42" and homelink 3 for alternating between red and white. Where  sometimes I'll run white and other times red, both lights will be on a matching setting.  Occasionally running only the 14" alone. Anyone have any experience running a similar set up? How did you go about it?

• 9 months later...
On 12/14/2016 at 9:13 PM, OkieDavid said:

I'm using the homelink option with my rough country light bar kit. I don't really notice any type of delay. It was a really simple way to get it done. Also, the kit I ordered for the lights came with its own remote in case you don't want to use the homelink for some reason. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UR2DIRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Resurrecting a dead thread,

looking to do this on a new to me 15 Silverado. When using the remote switch do you wire the light bar the same as if using a wired switch? Meaning tapping into ignition hot wire if you don’t want the light to stay on after you shut the truck down? Or can you simply go power to ground with the light bar harness and plug in the wireless transmitter in between? 

Thanks,

Nick