Disappearing Radio Controls

I don't think I changed any settings but the radio acts like it has a screen saver. If nothing is touched, the controls for radio or media disappear. While on media, if I want to go to the next track, I have to tap the screen to bring the functions back. No matter where I tap on the screen, it brings up another screen. It doesn't simply bring those functions back. Anybody know a fix? Thanks!

Here is what the screen looks like with all the functions visible.
IMG_6823.jpg
Here is what the screen looks like when all the functions disappear.
IMG_6822.jpg

To get to the next track, can't you hit the next button on the panel below (between RADIO and the HOME buttons)?

It's probably a timeout setting in your settings, but I don't recall exactly where it would be.

I had this happen to me too. Go back to the navigation screen and fiddle with the bottom row of controls. Then go back to the Audio interface.

I didn't have it happen again after that.

I don't know how you figured this out but that worked. Seems like a glitch in GM's system. It is very weird. Thanks for help.

• 4 years later...

I have the exact same problem with the radio control buttons disappearing.  I tried to do the same fix as described above and it isn't working.  Perhaps I wasn't fiddling with the right buttons or on the right screen?  Any other ideas?  Definitely driving me crazy.  

My 2016 Sierra SLT is doing the same thing, I was certain it must have been something I did while cleaning the screen. I will try the navigation trick and report back. Makes me wonder if a OTA update came out and caused some issues.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:36 AM, JacobC1983 said:

I had this happen to me too. Go back to the navigation screen and fiddle with the bottom row of controls. Then go back to the Audio interface.

I didn't have it happen again after that.

On 12/8/2016 at 4:51 PM, cmaddox03 said:

I don't know how you figured this out but that worked. Seems like a glitch in GM's system. It is very weird. Thanks for help.

Maybe one of you can do a write-up (with pictures) about how you did this, for the guys that have tried and were not successful.  Personally, I don't mind the on-screen controls disappearing. 

ALSO, if you get the radio/infotainment system re-flashed, or firmware updated, be ready for it to default back to this.