How many miles on your 2.5 RC level

Just wondering how many miles people have on their trucks with a RC 2.5 level? Any issues with ball joints or steering components?

Ball joint issues after 10k miles. Drivers side creaking comes and goes with cold/humidity. Brought it to the dealer and they replaced the passenger side which they stated was loose. Then refused to replace the drivers side claiming I had voided my warranty. So I'm living with it until I decide to either lift it or just replace the upper control arms and add some coil overs at a stock height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive got about 14,000 on mine no issues to speak of. These kits dont change the geometry of the suspension quite as drastically as the old trucks with torsion bars where you were essentially super preloading the suspension and permanently extending the travel and angle of attack. IMO the full IFS trucks we have are a much more durable design and more user friendly for both installing leveling kits and in their overall longevity.

Had it on my 14 and after 5k miles I got the steering wheel clicking. Dealer replaced several items , several different times , not able to fix. Had to put it back to stock.

Ive got less than 500 miles on my RC 2.5 and drivers side ball joints are creaking and moaning worse than Michael Moore's knees. :banghead: 'Bout ready to trade this P.O.S for a couple of Ford Focus'. The truck only had <15,000 miles on it before the level. Oh well....

Ive got less than 500 miles on my RC 2.5 and drivers side ball joints are creaking and moaning worse than Michael Moore's knees. :banghead: 'Bout ready to trade this P.O.S for a couple of Ford Focus'. The truck only had <15,000 miles on it before the level. Oh well....

Means we had shit balljoints out of the factory and the angle change is all it took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I just installed my RC 2" leveling kit on 2014 Sierra. Install was pretty easy, nothing major. However, i have to say, the desired results are less than impressive. Yes, it did raise the front up slightly, but it also lifted the rear too Still have about the same "nose dive" look.

Also I notice that the passenger side is about 1/2 inch higher (both front and rear) than the right. Is that normal?

Archived