Changing stock D5S bulb

On 11/14/2019 at 10:29 PM, dustinsteve said:

Hey everyone! My Alfa Romeo 4C 2016 factory fitted d5s bulb gone fail. Need a replacement for it. When I was searching for compatible to my vehicle found these on a website https://www.xenonplanet.com/philips-d5s-xenon-hid-bulb.html. Had anyone tried it? Or have a better suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Clicking the link, these are the stock bulbs in our Silverados that are very dim at only 2000 lumens. You will be very disapointed in these lights. And for $85 each I wouldn't even consider them.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone replaced their xenon HID D5S bulbs in their GM with LEDs? I mean; I hate to be a whine-ass here but these Xenon HID lights seem ridiculous - they're far more expensive, and far less bright than LED lights, though understandably this wasn't the case in 2013/2014 when the xenon HID lights were popularized. LEDs have come a long long way in the past 6 years.

At 6000K they're only 2800 lumens.
I have a 2016 Sierra, with the Philips D5S bulbs in it, and mistakenly jumped the gun and picked up a pair of 9000 lumen LED bulbs. I'm hoping I don't have to do much in the way to retrofit them electrically; and reading elsewhere - that the auto-on feature with the headlights will still work.

Edited by David Freeman

• 4 weeks later...