Changing stock D5S bulb

1 hour ago, Dale R said:

I installed the 35 watt morimoto in my 2017 GMC Sierra there a little better than Oem but long range there not that great  

I read wrong. Editing. Long range, how far do you think they project? 

Edited by cs2016lt

45 minutes ago, Dale R said:

I put some morimoto 50 watt hid in my 2015 with a relay and they weren’t to bad,I’ll try and find some D5s 50 watt with a relay and maybe give them a try. It’s a lot of hassle just to try and get some decent forward lights in this 2017

I agree. Driving alot at night makes it a necessity though especially when the deer, skunks,  and other critters are running like crazy. I want to see them way before I come up on them.

Same here spent 275 on sale for the same bulbs, wasn't impressed ,, My 2011 lighting output was much better than this 17 with the bulb upgrade. The high beams are worth less.Looks like GM has changed them in the 19 models . Be another 6 years before I see another truck..

I really think it's that there seems to be no true focused beam like the older ones. These are basically lamp with a shade over it and when you hit the high beam you pull the shade off for more light all around but not much focused in a beam line out. I think that's why I can adjust up and down with these but I don't see anything for side to side. Gotta be some kind of happy medium somewhere.

Edited by Ken23451
Spelling

There is a shutter inside the projector that flips up to let the light out , adjusting up or down is useless you can only adjust it up so far before people will flash you when in low beam mode ,your right that they don’t focus not like the old reflector type.i don’t think it’s possible to get good results from these projector type headlights 

I agree. Not the best of setups. And you're right if you go up to much people get unhappy quick. Even the ones that don't know how to turn their high beams down finally find their switch. I wonder though if there was a side to side adjust if you couldn't get just a little better overlap in the center to make the reach out in high beam just a bit better. Regardless we can't LOL. 

LOL If the air box wasn't in the way on the right side I wonder if we couldn't install spot lights behind the the shutter, or, on a servo that could be operated from the high beam switch to raise and lower the pitch for high and low beam

Edited by Ken23451

Yeah I hear ya. Price and product wise I realy like DistantXtremes.com (DXLUX). The people there are also great to deal with. But their shipping sucks. Their shipping makes The Pony Express look fast. My orders have all been Priority Mail shipped and not yet have been shipped in less than a week to 10 days from ordered to delivered.  Hang up is always down there. Sits there for days before finally getting out and moving. Last time traveling back and forth on the same stretch of road twice before slingshotting out of the state and getting here.

Edited by Ken23451

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 4:03 PM, Limited360 said:

Out of stock on 5500k now...

Have 3x 6500k left.... PM me and make me an offer on the 6500k. I am basically at the bottom of my pricing structure (eating shipping and paypal costs) to meet my bottom on them but need to move them so I can re-order the 5500k's as well...

Thanks again to anyone whom picked up bulbs! Hopefully they are all perfroming as well for you as they are for me on my truck (6500k's)

Have you done a reorder yet?! Just bought a 2018 Silverado less than a week ago. Love the truck, hate the lights. Definitely a downgrade from my 2015 with halogens. Even with the fog light on with high beam mod these lights still suck. Thought about going with aftermarket LED light bar with the sleek mount behind the grill but now with the air shutters behind the grill this is almost impossible to accomplish without removing some lower shutters. Looks like my only option is going to be these brighter HID’s. I like the color of the stock light so I believe the 5500k will be my best bet. 

Thanks,

Dave

Yes using a simple n cheap diode from radio shack you can jumper the terminals under the dash where the plug is for the high beam and fog light. It’s not as simple as the 2000’s style chevys where you can simply jumper the relays since now they are all integrated.

Check out this thread it’ll give you useful pictures and detailed information on the pins you’ll use with the diode.

• Like 1