Changing stock D5S bulb

Yeah I noticed a big difference. Like night and day. Especially on wet roads. I still see my lights. Thats why this is my second set on another truck. It took me about 2 hours to install start to finish. 

I got the harness with the kit when I bought it. If your guy doesn't have it, try giving DistantXtreme.com a call and press 2 for sales. Tell them what you have and that you're looking for the relay harness. I'd think they'd set you up. The harness is going to have a battery power lead and two ground leads at each end.

I connected the power lead to the buss bar at the battery box and cover and the grounds I loosened up the radiator support rods under the plastic cover up front and then bolted them there with the factory bolts. My relays are mounted right above the aluminum trans cooler line going into the right side radiator tank to the steel frame work there. Ballasts are two sided taped to the steel supports on each side of the radiator under that same cover.

No offence taken. This set isn't as bright as my first. The first set was the 5500k "pure white" bulb. Those were awesome but gave a lot of bounce back when foggy or snowing. So this time I went with the 6500k "Cool white" bulb. To me it's more blue. It doesn't bounce back near as bad and still doesn't get absorbed by wet pavement. They are brighter than the factory on the road. I like the full brightness of the 5500k better though.

I'm not sure about the 35 watters. I love the 50 watt 5500k. Those are super bright. The 6500k 50 watts are brighter than stock but not by as much as I would really like. And definetly not as bright as the 5500k. I'm putting the 5500k in again. I'm just waiting for them to get here with the new ballast. I'll deal with the bounce back from the fog and falling snow. I live near lake michigan so sometimes we'll see quite a bit of lake fog and lake effect snow. I've thought about the 35 watt 5500k but was leaning more toward the motimoto bulbs because of their ease of install. Thats why I originally came to this forum was to see if they where as good as the hype from the sites that sell them. None of those sites have actual reviews that I could find. The pics that I've seen here of them, I like what I saw. If I have any more issues with ballasts outside of warranty I'm considering the 35 watt morimotos. 

That's a bummer. It seems like the high beams realy lack on these hid systems. Before I got the brighter bulbs I even installed a diode in the light wiring at the controller to bring the driving lights back on with the high beam. That help fill that space back up right in front again with the high beams on. I kinda miss my old halogens in my 89 and 92 Silverados compared to these new lights.

My favorite was my 89 Silverado. It had the glass GM mini sealed beam bulbs in it. I put high beam lights in the low beam buckets and aimed them down some. Then installed a relay to bring the low beam back on with the high beam. Was daylight in front of that truck in high beam. And they reached out just as bright. I put a relay in my 92 Sierra to bring all 4 on in high but left the bulbs alone. As long as the lenses were clean they were still brighter and reached out better than both my 2016 and this 2018  Silverados.