Changing stock D5S bulb

I received an inquiry about how the bulbs match the LED fog lights with the Z71 package.  I did my best with iPhone pictures, see for yourself.  In my eyes, in reality, it is a close match, but if you want perfection, you may want to get 6500K for more blue as the LED fogs are very blue.  See attached pics.  Again, my bulbs are 5500K as I just wanted the most light output.

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

• Like 2

I'm still on the fence about color.  I'm really not looking for anything blue but more of a pure intense white. Certainly no yellow!  I'm having trouble guaging the output of the each of the bulbs from the pictures on this thread though.  In some pictures by Limited360 the 6500k bulbs look way bluer than the led DLR strip and the fog lights appear to be yellow in contrast.  Also, MrElusive mentioned that the 5500k are not as white in real life as the pics.  The ground output pics all look the same (really good in fact) and the housing pics look so different.  I know it's simply due to camera settings etc.  I guess I'm just trying to get a definitive answer on how accurately morimoto rated the color of these bulbs.  Is the 5500k truly pure white with no yellow?  Is the 6500k noticably blue?

Thanks guys! 

Edited by Alfred Arcidi

7 hours ago, Alfred Arcidi said:

I'm still on the fence about color.  I'm really not looking for anything blue but more of a pure intense white. Certainly no yellow!  I'm having trouble guaging the output of the each of the bulbs from the pictures on this thread though.  In some pictures by Limited360 the 6500k bulbs look way bluer than the led DLR strip and the fog lights appear to be yellow in contrast.  Also, MrElusive mentioned that the 5500k are not as white in real life as the pics.  The ground output pics all look the same (really good in fact) and the housing pics look so different.  I know it's simply due to camera settings etc.  I guess I'm just trying to get a definitive answer on how accurately morimoto rated the color of these bulbs.  Is the 5500k truly pure white with no yellow?  Is the 6500k noticably blue?

Thanks guys! 

The 5500k are pretty white to me. The stock bulbs are not even yellow.

On 10/21/2017 at 8:38 AM, Alfred Arcidi said:

Thanks guys! 

1) I have yellow film over my foglamps, so they are truly yellow in the photo's

2) The pictures with the super blue are bulb at initial turn on during warm up, the 5500k at this point in time would also be blue (stock ones can show this even)

3) Once up and warm the 6500k does not have any blue to it in my opion

4)  From TRS: 5500K: Pure White (~3400 lm) / 6500K: Cool White (~3200 lm)

morimoto_xb_hid_headlight_bulbs_lux_comp

From what you described I would guess you are more after the 5500k bulb.

PM me if I can provide anymore feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for picking these up! Nearly sold out of the 5500k bulbs.... have 3 sets of the 6500k left if anyone is interested!

I have had nothing but positive feedback on light output!

• Like 1

Out of stock on 5500k now...

Have 3x 6500k left.... PM me and make me an offer on the 6500k. I am basically at the bottom of my pricing structure (eating shipping and paypal costs) to meet my bottom on them but need to move them so I can re-order the 5500k's as well...

Thanks again to anyone whom picked up bulbs! Hopefully they are all perfroming as well for you as they are for me on my truck (6500k's)

I upgraded my 17 Sierra 2500HD's stock 25 watt hid's to the 35 watt 5500K versions.  I can honestly say I don't see any color difference in the lamps then with the stock ones.  It's just brighter now and high beams actually accomplish something.  All I drive is rural 2 lane roads surrounded by miles of bush and no people or lighting..... so good lights are important here not only for safety but for animals.  My old 05 Sierra's headlights are still tough to beat though for coverage and distance..... all 6 lights on while on high beam with 9011 HIR1 high beams and 9012 HIR1 low beams.  This new truck is close now but I would like to park them side by side some night on high and actually see, because with the stock 25 watt lamps it wasn't even in the ballpark.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dale

Its not a metal tab to depress. The black plastic ear,tab, rotates counter clockwise to unlock the bulb. Clockwise to lock. There will be a tab on both sides of the ballast, they serve the same function. Only one side needs to be rotated . Once the bulb is unlocked the spring tabs just hold the bulb in place. Take care on removal ,and install. Bulbs are indexed only fitting one way, The hole for insert is ob-longed, If you bang the sides of the bulb your going to damage it. Hope it helps