Throttle response

Waymon

I have a 5.3 in my 17 Silverado LT. I have been reading around about the performance upgrades. I'm not looking to mod it out to lower status but I would like some increase throttle response. It seems to lag longer than I think I should.

I'm in another 17 with a 5.3 (Loaner) and it's the same way. Maybe I just need to get use to it but I would like it to be faster to respond.

What do you recommend for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 5.3 in my 17 Silverado LT. I have been reading around about the performance upgrades. I'm not looking to mod it out to lower status but I would like some increase throttle response. It seems to lag longer than I think I should.

I'm in another 17 with a 5.3 (Loaner) and it's the same way. Maybe I just need to get use to it but I would like it to be faster to respond.

What do you recommend for this?

A tune

So those air intakes or throttle bodies won't really make a difference?

Those things are not going to make a difference on the throttle response it's controlled by computer now. I had a Blackbear tune in my 09 and it was a night and day difference in the response.

Intakes will help a bit. Throttle bodies are a giant waste of money unless you go to a super charger.

Understood. That saves a bunch of money. I'm liking the AFE momentum intake. I saw the black bear article about them testing a bunch of different ones.

I will start checking out tunes but that will most definitely wait until after warranty.

My wife's Toyota Yaris has very quick throttle responsyse. I have to be gentle when stepping on the gas or my passengers will receive a harsh ride. My truck has a more gentle throttle response that always makes for a smooth start up and ride. If I need a faster response from my truck, I simply move my foot a little faster. Enjoy driving your truck. It may perform differently than your previous vehicle but being different isn't a negative in this situation.

My wife's Toyota Yaris has very quick throttle responsyse. I have to be gentle when stepping on the gas or my passengers will receive a harsh ride. My truck has a more gentle throttle response that always makes for a smooth start up and ride. If I need a faster response from my truck, I simply move my foot a little faster. Enjoy driving your truck. It may perform differently than your previous vehicle but being different isn't a negative in this situation.

Yea my previous vehicle was a Focus so there's that. HA HA

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/167606-gas-pedal-flex-solution/

Try this. I had so much flex in my pedal it was unreal. Definitely weird compared to my 07 classic. I used a paint stir stick and it feels so much better now. Try this and see how it improves for you.

THis sounds exactly like what i am felling. Thanks for the thread link. When i get my 2 week old truck from the shop ill have to give this a look see.

I installed Sprint Booster and am very happy with the results

https://www.sprintboostersales.com/

So I've just been researching this sprintbooster thing, never knew it existed, pretty interesting.

My question is though, on a hand held Diablo Sport tuner, there is an adjustment called "throttle boost" which I believe you can turn up to 20%. Does this throttle boost setting on the Diablo Sport tuner do the exact same thing as this sprintbooster thing?

Archived