Zachs_Alligator's 2017 Twin Turbo RCSB Silverado build

Zachs_Alligator

I want to see the look on the face of some unsuspecting Prius driver when they are staring directly into those fender dumps. They would be horrified. Lol

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see the look on the face of some unsuspecting Prius driver when they are staring directly into those fender dumps. They would be horrified. Lol

Non-automotive people have no idea what the fender dumps are. If they say anything negative, I can say it runs on ethanol so it's good for the environment.

If anybody wants this same turbo setup for their truck hit up Jimmy at JWSpeedfactory. It can be made with or without fender exits They're located in Harrington DE.

Total cost so far has been around 12k in parts and labor. It's no cheap endeavor, but having the coolest car/truck on the block never is.

If anybody wants this same turbo setup for their truck hit up Jimmy at JWSpeedfactory. It can be made with or without fender exits They're located in Harrington DE.

Total cost so far has been around 12k in parts and labor. It's no cheap endeavor, but having the coolest car/truck on the block never is.

Any idea what they'll price the kit for?

I don't know at this point. He needs the vehicle at the shop to make sure everything is made and installed properly so you'd have no issues.

Yeah I talked to him. Won't work for me being on the other side of the country.

are you launching with TC on? or just pedalling it? Looks like you have it hooking very well. The weight transfer looks great with the front end coming up, did you do anything special to make it squat like that?

are you launching with TC on? or just pedalling it? Looks like you have it hooking very well. The weight transfer looks great with the front end coming up, did you do anything special to make it squat like that?

It launches and shifts hardest with TC on. Still dealing with some issues with the truck pulling timing between shifts. Sometimes it'll do it, other times it wont. it's random. I've tried pulling the ABS fuse to turn everything off and that makes it shift worse.

It's like these new trucks have preset limits that you cant change without an stand alone ECU.

Suspension is stock, but lowered. It squats like that on every launch.

My Diablo tuner on my 2017 RCSB 2wd with E85 on their FlexTune and Hard Shift setting helped mine with the between shift lag. You can also just tune the TCM, while leaving the engine tune alone so you dont lose what your tuner has done, and raise your shift pressure for each shift(part throttle and WOT) for each individual gear with their tuner. I wonder if something like that might help you out. I was also able to turn torque management off through the tuner as well, which was pulling back my timing at each shift.

Good to know on the TC. I was wondering if it limits power with it on, no matter if you are spinning or not. When I launch without it, it just roasts the tires no matter how easy I apply throttle.

My Diablo tuner on my 2017 RCSB 2wd with E85 on their FlexTune and Hard Shift setting helped mine with the between shift lag. You can also just tune the TCM, while leaving the engine tune alone so you dont lose what your tuner has done, and raise your shift pressure for each shift(part throttle and WOT) for each individual gear with their tuner. I wonder if something like that might help you out. I was also able to turn torque management off through the tuner as well, which was pulling back my timing at each shift.

Good to know on the TC. I was wondering if it limits power with it on, no matter if you are spinning or not. When I launch without it, it just roasts the tires no matter how easy I apply throttle.

I'm using HP Tuners. I can tune either ECM or TCM separately. We've raised all the shift pressures base and oncoming and reduced shift times to damn near zero. Sometimes it shifts good. Other times it pulls out all timing between shifts.

My immediate engine torque PID source related to the timing cut is "RPM Limit". We've set all the limits high so I don't know what's tripping it.

Archived