Please post up pictures of you truck with 285/65/18"

285/65r18 is the largest you can go with stockers on a 2.5 level without fear of rub. I'm running 275/65r18 and all I can advise on that is don't get this size, especially in BFGs that tend to run narrow anyway. Way too small a tire on a leveled truck.

285s look just OK, but still a little small. They look a little better in Nitto and Cooper because BFGs have a very narrow treadwidth and sidewalls with little bulge (section width). The 295/70 looks incredible, but on stockers you are going to rub UCA and Swaybar at full lock if you can live with that and KO2 don't come in that size. You can get away from rub with about a +6 offset or a 1" spacer if you want to cut your studs.

Sounds cheesy, but I am so torn over this issue because I don't want a bro-dozer but I also don't want to go 285 and be disappointed for 3 years like I am with my 275s.

I'm considering the new Falken AT3W in 305/65r18 as there is at least one truck on this forum running that with a level and claiming no rubbing. I care way more about width as seen coming and going rather than 1/2" taller side profile.

i think you answered your own question...no? I would say that although on paper 275 and 285 are so close, in person on a truck, they are significantly different. As you said, 285 are about as big as you can get on stock rims, with a level, without rubbing (that is what my research told me before i got my tires too)...I am one of many people on this site that absolutely love their 285's...mine are KO2's...For me they are the perfect size...look beefy, but yet dont stick out and sling rocks and mud all over the side of my truck...

good luck on your hunt for the perfect tire! :driving:

Edited by spenpet

the stock tires on my old 2008 2wd 20" rim was 275/55r20...if you compare the size, it is almost identical to the 285/65r18...minus the tread difference in a highway tire and all-terrain or off road...

having said all that, with a 2" level, yes you absolutely can fit it...

I just bought a 2016 Silverado LT Z71, what's the biggest tires I can put on it without a lift of leveling kit? It has 18" wheels now.

There's a massive thread on wheel+tire setups that will provide you a wealth of information and more assurance than one person telling you an answer here.

And there's also a lot of recent threads where people ask that info, like this one

Biggest tire/rim on stock 2014 chevy silverado?

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/202531-Biggest-tire-rim-on-stock-2014-chevy-silverado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There's a massive thread on wheel+tire setups that will provide you a wealth of information and more assurance than one person telling you an answer here.

And there's also a lot of recent threads where people ask that info, like this one

Biggest tire/rim on stock 2014 chevy silverado?

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/202531-Biggest-tire-rim-on-stock-2014-chevy-silverado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you kindly.

285/65r18 is the largest you can go with stockers on a 2.5 level without fear of rub. I'm running 275/65r18 and all I can advise on that is don't get this size, especially in BFGs that tend to run narrow anyway. Way too small a tire on a leveled truck.

285s look just OK, but still a little small. They look a little better in Nitto and Cooper because BFGs have a very narrow treadwidth and sidewalls with little bulge (section width). The 295/70 looks incredible, but on stockers you are going to rub UCA and Swaybar at full lock if you can live with that and KO2 don't come in that size. You can get away from rub with about a +6 offset or a 1" spacer if you want to cut your studs.

Sounds cheesy, but I am so torn over this issue because I don't want a bro-dozer but I also don't want to go 285 and be disappointed for 3 years like I am with my 275s.

I'm considering the new Falken AT3W in 305/65r18 as there is at least one truck on this forum running that with a level and claiming no rubbing. I care way more about width as seen coming and going rather than 1/2" taller side profile.

It's all relative to height and offset IMO

this is a 285/70/17, Bilstein 5100 all around, 17x9 +6 wheel...no front on shot unfortunately.

IMG 0342resize

IMG 0350resize