Please post up pictures of you truck with 285/65/18"

11 hours ago, KJS Sullivan said:

Not sure if this is where I should post a question however I am wondering do you have to cut the studs on a 1 inch or 2 inch spacer on a 3/4 ton Sierra 8 lug? I want to add a spacer to my wheels for a better offset but I really don't want to get involved in cutting the factory studs. Any help would be appreciated and forgive me if this is not posted in the proper section :-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

you are posting in the 1500 series board...you are welcome to ask your question (i don't know the answer) but it might be better served to go to the 2500 series board...

Not sure if this is where I should post a question however I am wondering do you have to cut the studs on a 1 inch or 2 inch spacer on a 3/4 ton Sierra 8 lug? I want to add a spacer to my wheels for a better offset but I really don't want to get involved in cutting the factory studs. Any help would be appreciated and forgive me if this is not posted in the proper section :-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It’s is really going to depend on your wheels. Take off a wheel and see if there are slots or pockets on back of wheel. With my wheels I could have easily used a 1” without cutting studs since they have pockets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. There are so many categories on Tapatalk it's amazing. Anyway, I did find an answer to my wheel spacers and cutting the studs I ended up going with Bora 2in spacers and I will not need to cut studs at that point.

Now to find the correct posting area for other topics LOL thanks for your input

15 hours ago, KJS Sullivan said:

Thanks for the input. There are so many categories on Tapatalk it's amazing. Anyway, I did find an answer to my wheel spacers and cutting the studs I ended up going with Bora 2in spacers and I will not need to cut studs at that point.

Now to find the correct posting area for other topics LOL thanks for your input

i have found the search function is hit and miss (but way better on this new platform than it was)...but alot of times you can just skim all the threads and sometimes find what you are looking for...more times than not, you'll already have someone that has delt with the same question...good luck, and as always post some pics!

I'm loving seeing all these ideas for tires just bought a '18 Silverado crew cab z71 first truck in 10 yrs. and can't wait to change out factory wranglers just don't look right to me.

• 1 year later...

There was only a little bit at full lock in reverse. I used a hammer to tap in driver side at the black piece and it was fixed. Keep in mind different tires are sized different of course. I now have the same size 285/65/18 in Nitto ridge grabber and they are a lot smaller. Those coopers are big.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 8:49 PM, kevin77rogers said:

There was only a little bit at full lock in reverse. I used a hammer to tap in driver side at the black piece and it was fixed. Keep in mind different tires are sized different of course. I now have the same size 285/65/18 in Nitto ridge grabber and they are a lot smaller. Those coopers are big.

I have the Cooper STT Pro 285/65/18 with a 2inch Zone suspension kit, and stock wheels 2018 Z71...was on the fence about the 1.25 or 1.5in wheel spacer. I know my wheel has pockets, but many are saying trim required with the 1.25 inch...

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been able to verify if 285/70/18 will fit with a 2” level? I currently have 275/70/18 toyo open country mt (33.6 x 11) with no rub. It’s time for a new set and I really want to try 285/70/18 nitto ridge grapplers but have yet to find anyone with this setup to verify if they’ll rub or not.  Image is with 275/70/18 toyo open country mttruck.jpg.d80b165a14ddec9a74d35777fcb57107.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 9:51 PM, rockfish24 said:

Mine above are 285/65/18. No level and no rubbing. I had to zip tie the fender liner to the frame. If I remember correctly theres 1/2-1" you gain when you pull it in tight.

Got any pics of how you zip tied the fender liner to the frame? Thinking I may have to do this as well. Just ordered 285/70/18 nitto ridge grapplers. I have a 2” RC level. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...