Throttle response is poor.

Did anyone stop to think maybe GM designed that flex in the gas pedal on purpose to keep people from running into stuff on accident or from just having fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's probably for the Cruze control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they probably did design it that way to get more money out of you when your engine light comes on and stays on you delete it going down the road come to a stop and then a damn engine light pops back on then when you take it in oh it could be this it could be that it could be this it could be that we don't know you have to leave it here with us give me a break they know what they did

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Literally anything will work , you just need to wedge something under the plastic bracket far enuff to stop the bracket from flexing. I used a 2" long peice of broken pine board shaped like a small chisel. Just jammed it under there as far as i could. Amazing how better the pedal feel is afterwards . Doesnt have to be pretty cuz you'll never see it again .

Can someone explain this "flex" they are encountering? I don't know if it's related to non-power adjust pedals, only effects some people and not others, or what. Or maybe I'm jus oblivious to it until someone explains it and then it'll drive me nuts :lol:

Can someone explain this "flex" they are encountering? I don't know if it's related to non-power adjust pedals, only effects some people and not others, or what. Or maybe I'm jus oblivious to it until someone explains it and then it'll drive me nuts :lol:

I am also curious. My experience is that there is a direct correlation between foot movement and throttle response. If I drove my wife's Toyota like my truck, I'd have a very sore neck!

The pedal has a lot of play forwards and backwards, as well as side to side.

When you push on the pedal you can see the control arm bend before it engages.

Thanks for the explanation. I haven't noticed that. Only issue I had a few weeks ago was my pedal was squeaking when accelerating. Dealership ended up swapping it out with a new one though.

Thanks for the explanation. I haven't noticed that. Only issue I had a few weeks ago was my pedal was squeaking when accelerating. Dealership ended up swapping it out with a new one though.

That's good, nice to hear a dealership actually cares about there customers not much of that around here. when you get a second just push down your pedal with your hand and you will see the flex if your truck has it.

Cool! I am going to try this.

Also....if you dont want to tune your truck you can always put it in m5 or m 6 and drive around town, locking it in 8 cylinder mode. Mileage gets worse but response is way better with no lag or weird shifting.

• Like 1

I checked mine and it seems as solid as a gas pedal should. I do have the adjustable option so this is probably why I don't have the issue you are describing. However, I would definitely have my dealer fix such an issue and not block it with a piece of wood!

Adjustable pedals are super helpful when my 5 ft tall wife drives the truck if I had a few too many beers. It's also great when I have my big hunting boots on i can move the pedal in for more room. But it's a vanity feature for sure. It's how I sold my wife on getting the truck so she could move the pedals forward.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

haha smart man!

I work at the place that's going to make the trucks. They don't give a crap lol

Sorry you have this experience! I have been treated well at the past three GM dealerships I have bought trucks! I am confident that if I was concerned over a wobbly gas pedal it would be fixed and not with a block of wood!