Throttle response is poor.

I literally just walked into the garage, grabbed a paint stick, pulled the carpet and insulation back(didn't cut the insulation) and jammed it under there. I couldn't believe how much play was in that thing. took me 5 minutes total from leaving my computer, doing the job and getting back here.

For YEARS in NASCAR people have been trying to figure out why Jimmie Johnson is so much faster than everyone else. Looks like crew chief Chad Knaus went to their sponsor and found the secret......

Lowes+Paint+sticks.png

• Like 1

I hated my pedal so much that I almost forced the dealer to trade me for a truck with the adjustable pedals...those don't flex like mine. I shoved some cardboard under it 3 years ago and haven't thought about it since.

I have to say I really enjoy the adjustable pedals. Not only does it allow you to get in the absolute perfect position by being able to adjust the seat, wheel and pedals, but they come in handy under certain conditions. For instance, I slightly adjust them depending on if I am wearing dress shoes, sneakers, flip flops, cowboy boots etc. Sometimes when we are done boating, I will toss my soaking water shoes in the bed and jump in and drive barefoot. It is nice to be able to bring the pedal up a bit to accommodate. Luxury LOL. Also as stated before my 5'2 wife needs them.

I have done a diablo tune, disabled AFM and did the 20% throttle boost, so I have noticed an improvement there, waiting to see what happens when I drive now with the wood mod!

I have a 2015 LT with the adjustable pedals. Mine only had a little bit of flex but I thought I would give this a try. I had some of these laying around so I used them:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/8-in-Composite-Shim-Bundle-of-12-SHM1-12-TW/202807695?keyword=composite+shim

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TimberWolf-Actual-0-1875-in-x-1-5-in-x-7-9375-in-12-Pack-Composite-Shim/3377156

So far in 1 day of driving I didn't notice much difference.

Okay time for an update. I adjusted the thickness of the shims a little. I have been driving it for 3 or 4 days now and I DO notice a slight difference. Not what I would call "night-and-day" but the throttle response definitely improved.

• Like 1

I had the same exact issue. I also have the factory cat back Borla exhaust for my Denali 5.3 and the exhaust alone gave me such an increase of toque of the line. I then added the air raid air filter and elbow along with a rxp catch can. My truck fell on its face. Sounded like crap. So I kept the air raid filter and put the stock air silencer back on and it sounded and ran great. The idle is perfect now. I'm pulling about 10 oz of gunk out of the separator every 1200 miles. You will need a probrammer for the air raid. I'm not ready to go down that road.

Okay time for an update. I adjusted the thickness of the shims a little. I have been driving it for 3 or 4 days now and I DO notice a slight difference. Not what I would call "night-and-day" but the throttle response definitely improved.

How big of a pain was this to do with the adjustable pedals??

Hose Clamps are used to balance drive shafts so it should be ok to fix throttle response with a block of wood :thumbs:

I was watching a car restoration show on TV a few months back and they showed where someone had used a 2x4 to reinforce the frame of a Mustang! (I hope it was pressure treated) We all know that wood was once used extensively in cars and trucks but I personally prefer using metals or even plastics when making modifications to my vehicle.

I can't believe how much play some of you guys have in this assembly. Mine is fully seated against the floor and has no flex. I watched a few videos to confirm what I was looking for and it doesn't exist on my 2014 with non adjustable pedals. I still have crappy throttle response, though.