Throttle response is poor.

Sorry you have this experience! I have been treated well at the past three GM dealerships I have bought trucks! I am confident that if I was concerned over a wobbly gas pedal it would be fixed and not with a block of wood!

Well if woods not good enough for you, you could use a piece of metal. Lol weld it down make it look nice for anyone who jams their head down there to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2015 LT with the adjustable pedals. Mine only had a little bit of flex but I thought I would give this a try. I had some of these laying around so I used them:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/8-in-Composite-Shim-Bundle-of-12-SHM1-12-TW/202807695?keyword=composite+shim

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TimberWolf-Actual-0-1875-in-x-1-5-in-x-7-9375-in-12-Pack-Composite-Shim/3377156

So far in 1 day of driving I didn't notice much difference.

• Like 2

Anyone having this issue with the new 2500-3500 HD's with the 6.0?. Was just wondering if it's a 1500 only issue.

I have a 2015 LT with the adjustable pedals. Mine only had a little bit of flex but I thought I would give this a try. I had some of these laying around so I used them:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/8-in-Composite-Shim-Bundle-of-12-SHM1-12-TW/202807695?keyword=composite+shim

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TimberWolf-Actual-0-1875-in-x-1-5-in-x-7-9375-in-12-Pack-Composite-Shim/3377156

So far in 1 day of driving I didn't notice much difference.

Those be the ones! Can be hard to find at stores though. My other hobby is woodworking so I know......

Ok I doubled stacked the paint stick. I think I feel the difference in throttle response. I'm usually light footed take off not 100% sure. However my transmission is no longer doing the hokey pokey trying to find gears during turns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i def need to look into this. ive had my truck for about 2 months now and have noticed the horrible response, i just chalked it up as being new and maybe it would break in.. glad i found this post to know its actually a prob.. going to look into it this weekend

I did this by stacking the paint sticks and I have the adjustable pedals and it is a night and day difference. Even had the wife drive it and she noticed it as well without me saying i changed anything.

Whhhhaaaaatttt is this a joke thread? Well here I go outside to check on this LOL. Got a funny little surge at real light throttle, but I never even thought about a gas pedal flex issue. MSRP was only 64k on this 17 so I obviously should have spent more!!

paint stick and a sprint booster for me! next step is voiding the warranty with a tune. love the truck hate the tuning

You should get a jeep jk and just hate everything. Only vehicle I have ever owned that follows the term every action has a reaction...

You should get a jeep jk and just hate everything. Only vehicle I have ever owned that follows the term every action has a reaction...

pretty common trend on this forum that people are unhappy with the trans tuning, throttle sensitivity. thats what forums are for to discuss these issues and find solutions like the paint stick thing. as ridiculous as it sounds the paint stick works.